Thursday, March 28, 2013

"Time heals all wounds" (Anonymous)

.....I went on the link called "design" on this blog and discovered that I have 457 alltime posts, and 46,248 "pageviews".  I have no idea what that means, but it does sound impressive.  I know that JR will have the answer in one of his comments.  I also know that since 2007 I have published 11 books containing all of those posts as well as all the comments.  I believe they would make very interesting reading, but who will buy even one of those books?  And they are for sale on Amazon.  I also have published a book of poetry--all the poems that appear at the end of my "Memoirs".  I believe that I have every right to be proud of this accomplishment, and so if there are no objections--I will be.
 
.....Yesterday, RH+ and I went to Friendlys' restaurant and met with Bob Fox and his wife.  I was Bob's mentor and soccer coach.  He is now 70, but I have him beat by 19 years.  I also have a right to be proud of Bob; he was not much in high school, but since then has had a sterling teaching career, and he is a brilliant guy.  Right now he refs basketball games and golfs.  He looks great! If I did not know him, I would have to guess that he would be in his 50s.  At the moment he seems to know more about coach Phil Bergovoy than I do, and since PB and I are supposed to be the best of friends, I have not heard from him in awhile, and I miss him and his wisdom sorely.  I know now that he has been in Sarasota, and If I had known that a month or so ago, I would have driven there to see him. 

.....New and former readers (I was going to write "old readers" but thought the better of it) You may or may not have known that my grandson, Adam, JR's son was married to his Thai love a few months ago, and only a week or so afterward, Tucky got word that her mother was dying, so she flew back to Thailand only to find that she was too late.  Immigration would not let her come back to the States because she didn't fill out the F-word required papers.  They said perhaps nine months; well it's been at least that long and this is the email message I got from Joel today:

Tucky had an interview at the Embassy in Bangkok, which is the final step in her visa process. They told her that they would be sending her the visa within a week. She has booked a flight back to DC, arriving 4 April! Will the ordeal be over?

I believe that the ordeal will, indeed be over and the lovebirds will be reunited.  A Happy Passover gift.

3 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM

    Yes, it's wonderful that Tucky will be back soon. I hope in years to come, that this contretemps will be something they can narrate to their children, with laughter.
    I too miss Phil. The ties that bound you to him, Baron, have been severed by a brutalised political system. It is really sad. I as well as you mourn the loss of him. Not much else that can be said, really. Much love to all, Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. "457 alltime posts" means, of course, that since you began your blog, you have posted your thoughts 457 times (not counting your added comments). This means you don't have to count them anymore; you can just check the stats.

    "Pageviews" refers to the number of pages of your blog that have been looked at by others. In other words, if a reader comes to your blog, they see the most recent post. That's one pageview. If the reader clicks on a link to a previous post, that's a second pageview. If the same reader checks out your blog two days in a row, that's two pageviews. So, "pageviews" doesn't necessarily indicate how many readers you have, but how many times each page has been accessed. Each of your posts has been getting an average of 100 views over the years. So, you probably have fewer than 100 readers, but the ones you have are very loyal.

    By the way, you can add to the number of pageviews you get if you add "labels" to each post. Labels highlight whatever topic you're discussing, so Internet search engines might send people to your blog how have an interest in that particular topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM

    Clear as mud, Joel dear. Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete