Saturday, March 9, 2013

"If at first you don't succeed....:(Anon)

     Well you can talk about sequestrians and fiscal cliffs, and medicare vouchers, and health care, and gun control, and immigration and all that pleases you to vent, but whatever is, is.  Our government is locked in a perpetual vault; the Democrats, it seems, is a party of one and the remainder of the blokes who hold the keys are plutocrats; you can bet your bottom dollar on that if you have a bottom dollar.  Their interest is in holding power and getting reelected so that they can continue to hold their insatiable love of power.  Of course they depend mightily on the mighty dollar from the selfish motives of the NRA and others like them who do not want to give up their money making machines.  Otherwise, why continue to protect the wealthy from paying the taxes garnered and cherished by their own money making machines?  Why are hospital bills so high?  The CEOs make millions of dollars every year, that's why. You may pay $12 for a pill while it sells for ten cents in Walmart. 
 
     I know I may have a reader, or three, who will be bent out of shape because of my assessments above. I know one reader who became so incensed at my "diabolical" portrayal of the people he had faith in that he decided not to read my blog.  (No, not you coach). There are lots of blogs around, and I  suspect he went to one that made him purr.  It's all a lot like religion.  Perhaps someone believes Jesus is a God and another was not brought up to worship that way.  Now Jesus may truly be the son of God.  I'm not saying, no.  I say, "Show me the money."
 
     Oh, let's go to more mundane things.  As some of you know, I've had several different "careers" but I will only discuss one at this time.  I have been the lead performer in three operettas and several B'way musicals along with a few "in-house" shows sprinkled in since 1983. So, I've been active in the performing arts for the past 30 years.  I have also taught a dozen Shakespeare courses here as a service to the community.  I was supposed to sing a number in this year's "in-house show, but I was dropped only a week or so ago.  I was told the show was "too long". My song lasted 1 minute and 52 seconds.  I strongly believe I was dropped because the "directors" did not want to see a walker on the stage.  So, my theatre career is over. Must be new worlds to conquer out there.

4 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 10, 2013 at 12:38 PM

    So they don't want you on stage any more - so what? Time to WRITE the greatest American play about the Second World War. Get dramatising, and some other people can speak the words of courage and wisdom and comradeship that you put into their mouths. You can do it! Much love, Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think your stage career is over. Next year they'll have a sensible director. Plus, I still want you to make a recording to send to America's Got Talent. Why would they NOT put a 90-year-old on stage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baron does not wish to gain applause because of his age; applause should come with talent and Baron's talent has diminished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 14, 2013 at 10:53 PM

    Says exactly WHO???? Blog quality seems up to the usual high standard!! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete