Sunday, March 3, 2013

"I find the medicine worse than the malady" (Beaumont)

     I've been working very long and hard trying to figure out Windows 8.  XP was a snap and enjoyable, but this W8 is a horror!  Every time I try to get to where I want to go on the computer, I have to sign in everywhere with my user name and password, and it still doesn't take me to the right place--my home page Xfinity.com where I can access my email.  Also my printer will not print anything from my internet pages.  I paid the geek $150 to set up my new PC; he worked for two hours on it, so I figure he also had problems with Windows 8.  But at least he could have done a better job with my printer.  Frankly, I didn't want to spend $150 to set things up and in order but once he started, there  was nothing I could do.  I expected to pay the geek $15.37.

     Perhaps I am having problems solving the issues with my new computer because I recently turned 89.  Next February 27 I will turn 90!  Who knew!  Dr. Oz said that the leading cause of death in the 90s was frailty.  And here I thought the leading cause of death in your 90s was being in your 90s.  But now that I have gotten rid of my bout with ailments since December, I feel pretty feisty.  I plan to live beyond 90 because RH+ is in charge of my medication department.  She plucks down my pills wherever I happen to be at the times when I need them.  If she doesn't survive me,  I'll have a helluva time figuring out the pill issue.  In fact, I'd probably dump them all in a pile on the kitchen table and divide them into three different piles for mornings, noons, and nights.  How else?

1 comment:

  1. Newer posts can be read by clicking "Older Post" at the bottom right of this page.

    ReplyDelete