Friday, March 1, 2013

Beware the Ides of Anything!


     I believe you not only ought to beware the Ides of March, but also every other Ides that comes along in one's life.  That has been my whole problem--not bewaring sufficiently.  Of course, during WWII I bewore a whole lot and thus I survived but not too many guys I knew did, and so they missed a helluva lot of Ides that they might have had an opportunity to be beware of.  (I hope my readership is able to follow my train of thought before they run out of track.) 
 
     For example, my Dell computer died of hard drive cancer, and I went to Best Buy and bought an HP that was equipped with Windows 8 when I had been using Windows XP for several years.  I ought to have been more beware.  Windows 8 is more confusing to me than RH+ is on many an occasion.  It takes me more than an hour to find my email and this blog.  It seems I now have another blog like this floating around in cyberspace and I can't find my way back here.  Hopefully, my friends will not have the same problem--this address, I trust is www.homeoftheredbaron.blogspot.com and the other address which somehow insinuated itself on this computer without and invitation and has a "9" in it thus: www.homeoftheredbaron9.blogspot.comBefore this Windows 8 I was moderately compos mentus, but now I am "non".
 
     Somehow I believe  I got too involved with Congress and I am obviously under computer sequestration-- or secastration.  Depends on how you look at it. And, oh yes, I was supposed to be in this year's "Inhouse Show" singing "Send in the Clowns" but I got dumped because the show was too long...damn Ides of March again!  The ignominious of it all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment