Monday, March 4, 2013

"First thing we do is kill all the lawyers." (Shakespeare)

     Well, I finally figured out how to get to my email and this blog from Windows 8 in less than a half hour.  So far, very, very few comments.  I guess my readership and my youth have fled, much to my chagrin.  The news is this: Rhoda is the stage manager of the coming "InHouse" show.  She is an A+ at that job having had experience in shows since 1984.  The problem is that this show is a bummer and I can't wait to see and hear the audience reaction.  I hope they don't come out saying that this is the best show they've ever seen.  If so, I believe they all have had a lobotomy.  The fact is that the president of the board at Huntington Lakes insisted that we get as many residents involved as we can by staging a review type show.  Well, we got a lot of residents--too many--so as to make the show too long and some who had songs were cut, including the Baron.  What ignominy!  Thirty years of performing in the shows here and this is the first time I was dumped in order to save time.  The director who is inexperienced to say the least left some terrible stuff in the show.  Friends, I guess.  Funny thing is when I did "My Fair Lady" we had a bigger cast than this InHouse show has now, so that the president of the HLI Board doesn't know his ass from his elbow.  He's a lawyer, and it so happens that Shakespeare said "Kill all the Lawyers!"  and Shakespeare was the Google of his era.
 
     My printer still doesn't print from the internet.  I called the techie and told him I'd par $13.57 to fix it, and he replied, "It's a Deal".  He must really need the money.  Speaking of money, do you think those blithering idiots in Congress who are elected to run the government will ever use their infinitesimal brains to do something right for a change and not worry about getting elected again.  They won't starve to death if they don't win.  And if they don't win, it will demonstrate that constituents don't like the guy, anyway.  Let's face it Americans; we have a Plutocracy, not a Democracy.  What am I talking about?  I don't have enough facts to make political judgments.  I'm simply using runaway anger and emotion...not a good way to think.

1 comment:

  1. Doc, it's great to see you back again on your blog. You were missed. The absence of comments to date no doubt reflects your admiring audience having gotten out of the habit of checking your latest. I hope RH+ threw a wonderful party for you as you marked (not as a dog might) another notable milestone. Once again - Happy Birthday, and many more! I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the upcoming 50th anniversary of the NSHS Masquers in June. I'm still hopeful that those who are so inclined from the class of '71 will gather again at Tappan Beach for a picnic/reunion. The coincident opportunity to have dinner and attend the production that Saturday evening (15 June) is a real plus. I'm even more hopeful that you might consider swinging up for both events!
    ~ Pete Kehrig

    ReplyDelete