Thursday, March 7, 2013

"I am gone,but I am here." (Much Ado About Nothing)

     Why am I back writing posts on this blog? (Incidentally, "blog" and "posts" are interchangeable.)  Well, I suppose I'll have to answer my own question.  I've been severely depresses and my PTSD wakes me up in the middle of the night and I'm thinking I have to dress for the next mission--and then I fall back to sleep, only to wake again thinking I'm late, and I quickly realize I'm in bed with a woman, so this must not be WWII.  The only time I'm in bed with a woman there in England is when I'm on leave--if I'm lucky. 
 
     You may ask why I'm depressed.  Well, I've had so many illnesses--medical and physical in the last few years, and it has been a real struggle to fight my way through them.  I have, but I no longer swim, or play racketball or tennis, or golf...and I could go on with the basic list required of senior retirees. I don't even have the energy required to teach another Shakespeare play here; something I enjoyed doing.   My most appreciative accomplishment which would not have been possible with the computer has been the publishing of eleven books--not counting the poetry.  I wrote my "memoirs" and enough of these blogs for ten more books since 2007.  I'm fortunate to have found a publisher who does not charge for publishing a book.  It only costs the price of a proof copy. Strangely enough I have earned some royalties, but don't tell the IRS.  Another activity in which I have been deeply involved is performing in musicals in our 600 seat Theatre of the Performing Arts.  I don't believe the powers that be will tolerate someone as ancient as I am with a walker to appear on stage shocking the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment