Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"The return of the native." (Floridian, that is)

.....OK, everyone. I will not be able to resist writing a blog entry from time to time in the event I think it would be of interest.  The latest publication is called "Red Baron's Condo Blog" and it covers the dates from Aug.14,2011 to Feb.24,2012. I made a mistake I believe for not naming them all the same up to Vol.X so that people who are interested in reading these books would be able to follow the dates involved.  Otherwise the dates are hit and miss by the titles I"ve given the entries.  Well, it's too late now.  


.....What's brightened my day is that I got communication from Jim Zurer and Peter Kehrig who, I guess, have been reading this blog.  And I want to thank Phil Bergovoy, Ruth Grimsley, Joel Ross, Mike Herbstman, Ellen Bliss Jaeger, Bob Fox, and I hope I didn't leave anyone out.  If you write a comment to this post, I'll be sure to immortalize you in my next posting.  .....  Yesterday, on my 88th birthday, RH+ took me out to dinner and  bought me a 2lb. lobster!  You wouldn't think you could get lobsters in a Chinese Restaurant, but I've found they prepare lobsters the best.  I'll be back, friends; I'm working on my science fiction novel.  I haven't a clue as to where it's going; I'll just carry it along.  I plan to be the oldest person on Earth to have won a Pulitzer Prize for novel writing.  Meanwhile all my books are on   http://lulu.com/spotlight/norrho1
Stay well, I'll be back.

7 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netFebruary 28, 2012 at 9:48 PM

    Hooray hooray, you're back today, and that's good, by the truth:
    On this as every other day, yours ever, Cuzzin Ruth
    (I think some of that got filched off Noel Coward, but never mind!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norman, you will recall that, back in the day when we were Vikings, aeons ago, I urged you, again and again, to write a novel. You are fated to write a best seller, and it will be more impressive in your 80's. Verdi wrote operas in his 80s, and he was not nearly as talented as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 1, 2012 at 6:18 PM

    If you were Vikings, then I think a retrospective race-based apology for all that rape and pillage is in order. Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, don't be an old fuddy duddy. Raping and pillaging is fun...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 1, 2012 at 10:47 PM

    Well, quite. Bring it on! My comment was a subtle but devastating critique of all the stupid apologies that are being offered for wrongs done in the distant past, which cannot possibly have been perpetrated by those alive and apologising now. And the point that you missed is that my family were not in this country when all the raping and pillaging were happening: and the same goes for most other people in this country. What a load of c**k all this ceremonial apologising is. Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw come on. I apologize to my wife, every morning for anything I did the day before, and anything that I might do the comimg day that will upset her.

    Mike Herbstman

    ReplyDelete
  7. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 2, 2012 at 9:35 PM

    Mike - I simply won't take that! EVERYTHING that goes wrong is MY fault. Now I have accepted this, the world is a happier place and I am at peace with myself. Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete