Monday, February 20, 2012

The Creative Generation

.....Today I used my cane to go to breakfast at a place called "Brooklyn Bagel".  They have the best bagels and the best bottled water which I buy by the case.  I don't know where this water originates, but they claim it is "Brooklyn water". Whatever.  I drink gallons of it. Using the cane is kind of scary because I'm pretty wobbly with it, and I can only use it for very short distances--but at least I'm back to the old days when I used a cane all the time.  I remember Bobby buying me one after leaving a wound care clinic in Virginia a few years ago. 

.....Speaking of Bobby moving in with his girlfriend, Michelle, I got a newsy email from Hannah today which told of her moving in with her boyfriend, Jonathan.  I suppose it's a good way to save money by joining hands. These are tough times for educated young people to find jobs commensurate with their education. But they must not give up until they are able to find a job which they enjoy coming to each day. If they work hard enough at it, it will come.  Hannah sent me a picture of a heart which she created out of lard!  It is being shown in Europe at an art show, and is the talk of the town.  Like her brother, she is extremely creative, and RH+ and I are very proud of her and her brother, Adam.  I know that Hannah and I have not had a normal relationship, but I am happy that we are now, at least, communicating.  The detente is over, and I planned it that way by sending her a little Valentine's gift trusting that it would elicit a granddaughterly response...which it did.

.....I've been busy the last couple of days, sort of "rewriting" a script I was given by the author of a show that will be forthcoming next year, subject to the approval of the Board. It's kind of fun playing with the names of the characters, and rewriting some of the dialogue so that it will be funny.  After all, it is a comedy. It's a takeoff of "The Wizard of Oz".  The author named it, "The Wizard of Voz" which is rather bland and not designed to sell tickets. I changed it to "It's a Helluva Life!". The whole play takes place in Hades. Speaking of writing, I would like to take a hiatus from this blog and do some work on trying to write a novel...I have doubts about my ability to accomplish that goal.  But I am running out of my desire to continue with blogging.  After all, I've been at it since August, 2007.  Well, time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netFebruary 20, 2012 at 6:18 PM

    Hades? Isn't there a Greek theme here? Why not call it "The Wizard of Kos?" Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete