Thursday, March 8, 2012

"We are yet but young in deed" (MacBeth)

.....Another book can be credited to the famous unknown author.  It's titled "Red Baron's Blog; I ran out of names.  It runs from August 14th to Feb. 28, 2012 and has 198 pages.  It's also paper bound.  I'd like to have a hard bound copy but it's too expensive.  I'd also like to send copies to all my family, but $$ are running out of my stack like a fish jumps out of the water (simile).  I'm not too fond of the cover because the title and my name are practically invisible.  But I ran out of cover ideas.  Anyway, I like to read something in bed and the only thing available was "Paternoster in Condoland" which has 362 pages and runs from Aug. 8, 2007 to Jan. 1, 2008; practically ancient times; back to the pagan era. But I started to read it and strangely enough it felt like someone else wrote it, and believe it or not but it was very interesting.  It will take me a very long time to write enough pages for another book of my blog.  I did say I would notify all of my readers--and I know only a few from their comments.  Now I spend my time working on a novel.

.....In the past few days we had the pleasure of entertaining Ilana, Rhoda's granddaughter.  She is the perfect age--18, and she is a student at Penn State.  Most of the time the only thing she wanted to do was to sit by the pool--even if was a gray and windy day.  She did succeed, though, in getting a tan; no, more like a sunburn.  There is nothing in the world that compares to an 18 year old girl.  When we went out to dinner, she occupied herself with her iPhone.  Everyone seems to have one with the exception of most older folks.  But, here those older folks all have computers.  We even have a computer club here which is very well attended.  Anyway, Ilana is a beautiful young lady, with or without her tan.

.....We have a problem here.  A construction crew has taken all the bricks away from the entrance-way to our elevator.  It only runs now from the second floor to the fourth floor. The reason is that the bricks which were in sad condition are being replaced with tiles of some sort.  Now I can walk with a cane--but not very well, and not very far, and getting down a flight of stairs and eventually coming back up a flight of stairs is a challenge worthy of Don Quixote.  Of course once I am on the second floor I can walk to the elevator--but it's not a short walk.  My left leg is hurting and I am going to see an orthopedist shortly to see why the hip surgery hasn't healed sufficiently so that I can walk like a normal person.  

2 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

    If I were (Subjunctive!) you, dear Baron, I'd threaten whoever is responsible for the inconvenience you are suffering with a lawsuit for damages. That'd make them get a move on with the works.
    As for Ilana, I'm reminded of a wonderful line from the Beatles' "I am the Walrus." It goes: "Sitting in an English garden waiting for the sun: if the sun don't come, you get a tan from standing in the English rain!"
    Much love, Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'a about time! Welcome back. How about some hints about how the novel is coming along?

    ReplyDelete