Friday, December 12, 2014

"All the world's a stage....(As You Like It..WS)

.....Not after retiring in 1982 I bought a condo in Florida. I bought it because it was the only clubhouse that, not only had a weight room, but also a 640 seat thetre with state of the art equipment for performances. It also had an indoor swimming pool in which I swam 80 laps every day; it was a mile--I measured it.  I lifted weights in the weight room. I was the only one there since it was a new community of yet to be built condos. I could not do my five mile a day runs nor enter an;y 10 Ks because it was to howt. Yet it was the perfect place for me. 

.....All these events may not be in size places, but they were all part of my life which I have said no one else has experienced. So take it easy on me.  Soon after I came back from my areound-the-world trip I came home and went back to work. It was great to get home, and after a year's junket I realized that America was the place to be, and I was very lucky to have been born there.  The car I bought (with the help of my son, JR) was a nefty Ford Muxtank in which I gave the divorcees I dated, a great time!
(Take my word for it).  Most of these women were starving for a hug, a kiss, and other love devices which I made up as we went along back to their house.  But needing time to write my PhD thesis, I took another year's sabbatical. I was the only one to take iven one sabbatical, let alone two. And no one ever will because the Board dropped it.
 
.....It was New Year's Eve, 1938, when I went to a B'Nai Brith (?)party at a member's home. There I met a young lady (39!) who was wearing a brown corduroy suit and a smile that lit up the room. Should the lights happen to go out because of a storm, the smile could be switched on. I believe it was 500 watts.  At any rate we just happened to spend the evening together with drinks in our hands and our heads.  We ought to not have done it, but we went back to my apartment.  We lived in the same development.  The idea was to watch the baal go down on the TV--which we did, and which afterwards, since there appeared nothing to do, we did stuff as we went along.  Well, try to remember that it was New Year's Eve, and we tried very hard to stick to our mores.  It was such a nice evening, night, and morning that we were married in 1983 and we have had many more of nice evenings--31 to be eggsact.
.....I will continue these thrillint events shortly.  Try to stay awake.


11 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netNovember 21, 2014 at 3:45 PM

    I get the picture. You needed a sabbatical from your scintillating career as a sex-bomb in order to work on your PhD. A great sacrifice in the cause of learning. My congratulations, Baron!
    Re the young lady (as I've just turned 67, I think 39 is young!) in the corduroy suit: well bully for both of you. However, whatever the purpose of the condo settlement originally was, it seems to have turned out to be a facility for licentious sexual activity. (Can't wait to get there!)
    Cuzzin Ruth
    Msj for Mike H: my husband is still alive: however, but for that, I would ask to meet you at this location to share forbidden fruit! (A DATE, har har!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did write that "all these events may not be in size places". Also the licentious relationship of RG and MH --I don't imagine that "Comments" is not the proper place for it; someone with a lustful heart may get wind of it, and join you.

      Delete
  2. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netNovember 21, 2014 at 10:07 PM

    Tough nuts if they do! Mike's the man for me!! However, he has not yet expressed any interest in me, so cannot be described as licentious. He will probably NEVER be interested in me. Still, a girl can dream! Cuz R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mike! How about expressing some interest. I said "some" interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netNovember 22, 2014 at 4:49 PM

    Don't hassle the poor man, Baron! (That's MY job.) Cuz R

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Does The Baron wish to jeopardize the “G” rating that his blog enjoys, to a possible “X” rating? If he is amenable, I will be more than happy to share my thoughts about the most flattering offer that I received from Ruth.
    First m a question. Where were you when I and my horny hunters, used to prowl looking for a single, hoping for a home run, battling the raging hormones that we, as young men possessed at that time. A stiff drink, before the dance, hoping we geared up our nerve enough to enter the battle, looking for certain someone who was warned by her parents to look out for predators like us, and who looked like they would disregard their advice.
    I remember striking out at the end of the evening, with bat in hand. Our goal looking to be schooled would have to await another day.
    Fade back to the present. After battling with advanced prostate cancer for years, my urologist has employed a” fix”, which I am entirely grateful for his tri-annual inoculation switching buttocks each time. No, it’s my buttock, but the other side. The bones tend to get brittle with prolonged use thus the change. The fix is Lupron, when administered, keeps my PSA to zero, which prevents the cancer to grow. Curiously, I googled the magic elixir and found that it’s the same medicine that convicted pedophiles are treated with, thus the name of Chemical Castration.
    How many men do you know of who brags that they were chemically castrated? What schmuck goes around extolling is non virility? Who? Me! As long as I see some humor in it I will continuously crow about it. How about this remark? The other evening, I took a 7 year old to the back of the schoolyard, but then I forgot what I was going to do. Ah, good old dementia, good for a chuckle. Not so appropriate for tea time discussions, but I was never accused of holding back a story due to its inappropriateness.
    M latest brag, is my prostate cancer has been put on hold, and I admit to my sex life being described as, “playing pool with a rope”
    Kudos to The Baron, who has returned to to this blog, and trumpeted to the world, that I must purchase my Holiday gift from the local supermarket.
    Mike Herbstman

    ReplyDelete
  6. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netNovember 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM

    Of course, one advantage of having a boyfriend with the same forename as your husband is that you will NEVER call out the wrong name at any...er....relevant moment. Cuz R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your comment looks a lot like my blog. As per you buttocks--couldn't you come up with something a little more entertaining and a little less boring?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow, a word was misspelled in my latest rant. The correct word is “schtupped”. Not schooled. I overlooked that correction from the automatic grammar and spelling software repair. Getting schtupped, a Yiddish word, means acquiring carnal knowledge. I remember that.
    Buttocks are such a nice name. Why change it? It is the closest thing to a sex act, when I offer mine to the gal with the needle. Thank you, Baron, for allowing me the space in your blog. I am planning my trip to the local supermarket, to purchase my Honeybell orange, your Holiday gift to me, a rare purchase, usually gobbled up by the shippers to be sold at a premium price. Ruth, Thanks for your kind words. Mike Herbstman

    ReplyDelete
  9. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netNovember 23, 2014 at 5:46 PM

    Mike - I STILL love you! I love you for your mind! (Would you like me to have a word with Sam MY SON THE DOCTOR about your case? He's a consultant urological surgeon, noch!)
    Everybody: hope you're all IMPRESSED!!
    Cuz Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netNovember 23, 2014 at 9:44 PM

    Just remembered the right quotation to answer Mike's informative entry: "Nobody's perfect!" - Joe E Brown in "Some Like It Hot." ("L'esprit de l'escalier," No. 365 in a series of 1,000.)
    Cuz R

    ReplyDelete