Friday, December 12, 2014

As for me, all I know is that I know nothing (Socrates)

.....I know there is a post with the title, "All the world's a stage." Amd the date os ;oseted as Dec. 12--which is todahy!  I don't know how that error came to be, and I don't know how to fix it.  The date should be "Ded 1, 2014.  OK, now that that's done, I can go on and inform you about Barbara and Joel's visit.  The last time they came here, Adam, their son was about 5 year's old.  Now he is 30 something;; you figure it out. Any, it was a joy having them here.  Well, tLhey weren't exactly here,  since they slept in a hotel.  However, we fed them well.  We took them to Longhorn's for a steak dinner.  There is no Longhorn's in Herndon, VA.  On their second day, we went to Jupitor (not the Planet--or whet used to be a planet). We bought them tickets to join us seeing "Fiddler on the Roof".  But, before the show we had brunch at "First Watch", a restaurant which also cannot be found in Herndon.
 
.....Of course, we all knew that I played Tevye in that shou several years ago.  We also had tickets to see Avi Hoffman in our sterling theater that evening.  The "kids" went back to their hotel to gather their stuff and change hotels. They ate at their own leisure in a restaurant in down and then met RG+ and me at our state-of-the-art theatre to see Avi.  Since we saw two shows on the same day, we were exhausted.  When the show was over, the kids went back to their hotel and we went home to our love nest.  On Sunday we went to my sister's condo in Cemeter;y; Villiage to see her and Uncle Mickey. Both of them have lost a little mentally.  Shortly after this cultural adventure, the kids went back to Herndon--and for us? Life went on.
 
.....I've been so busy doing this and that, I have neglected to go on with my sci-fi nowel.  We had to go to Best Buy (for example) to buy RH+ a new printer for her lap top.  Then we had a scheduled card game which we play every Wednesday with fourth floor neighbors.  The game is Canasta. Lou is my partner and Annette is RH+'s partner.  Low and I always lose.  Fortunately we change partners every year, and so our losing ways will have to end.  Maybe.  Our plan for New Year's Eve is to open the bottle of chanmagne I was given by the French Consulate at the ceremony where I received the French Legion of Honor Medal.  It's French--not the medal, but the bubbly.  2015 is on its way--and I'll be 91!!
 
....

1 comment:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netDecember 12, 2014 at 4:44 PM

    Lovely, lovely, dear Baron, to hear about the good family times you're having. Would LOVE to be with you to welcome in the New Year. As a matter of fact, in which country was the medal manufactured? A few decades ago it would have been here in England, in the very city in which I live, Sheffield. But all the work's gone East now. Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete