Wednesday, December 17, 2014

"Poets have a license to lie" (PLINY)

.....The clening ladies are coming today, so we have to get out of here soon as we give them their one-weeks salary for XMAS.  I have a severe pain in my back, so I plan to use the scooter rather than the walker. I have no idea as to when or how I got this pain, so the best guess is age. RH+ said she would rub my back with Ben Gay.  So far it hasn't happened.

.....It's 12pm at the moment, and we will leave when the cleanin ladies arrive. RH+ will have lunch and I'll be having my breadfast. We are playing cards tonite at 7:30 so we have to figure out a quick dinner. We have shocen Subway on occasion, but I'm not in the mood for that. Pizza also was our dinner.  We do not go to Wendy;s, nor Burger King, nor MdColands. So, it's a problem that is typical of retirement.

.....RH+ came to me recently and said I have lots of errors in m;y post. So I ad to egsplain to her my dilemma; either take the time to erace errors or leave it to the reader to understand the errors.  I'f vecided to leave it to the reader--and porbably will get lots of comments from a dearth of readers.  Or is it a "paucity" of readers? 

.....RH+ has been very much occupied with her yearly "duties". She always sends Hannacuh cards to everyone, including I suppose, the homeless guy who sgands and begs at the Turnpike exit.  Of course she slips some money in the envelopes that go out to grandchildren. If we get any more, we will have to declare bankruptsy.  RH+ doesn't forget anyone.  Uh Oh--I'm being called.  Maybe I'm going to get Ben Gayed!!

9 comments:

  1. Any typo issues are not causing any comprehension problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeol you need to take a few wind sprints and then we can go spelunking for the old score board which has gone somewhere in a poof of astro-turf!..Timmy Ayres

      Delete
  2. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netDecember 19, 2014 at 12:00 AM

    Agree. But I'm not sure, dear Baron, that they are all accidental! Some of them are too amusing for that!!
    What's Ben Gay? A gap in my knowledge here.
    Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which are amusing? They aren't meant to be. Ben Gay is a gel supposed to relieve pain. Sometime it works and sometime it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netDecember 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM

    "Egsplain" was quite funny. And "MdColands." Beguiling to the eye! Did you know that there is someone in Scotland who actually IS Lord Ronald McDonald? The current possessor of that title and name is none too pleased about having them used to promote burgers. Maybe your new spelling would solve his problem. Itm, I suggest you and all readers of this blog Google the linguistic phenomenon known as the "eggcorn." Not directly relevant to the blogpost, but it put me in mind of it! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea who Ronald McDonald is and he has no business in Scotland. I prfer MdColands anyway. Plenty of meat, but no bun. Loose wate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netDecember 20, 2014 at 1:28 PM

    Ronald McDonald is the name of a clown MdColands use to amuse children while persuading their mums to part with cash to buy their crap product. Still, it's giving lots of underemployed actors a job here in the UK. "Loose wate" is DISGRACEFUL spelling. If you want to get it right, then it's "looz w8." And a no-carbs diet will help you 2 looz w8 but it won't do your digestive tract any good.
    Since no-one has taken to the eggcorn, may I start matters off by telling you about my favourite one? My step-grandmother once said: "I did my heartmost!" Indeed she did - with this very word, she did her very best to comprehend the word "utmost."
    And, dear Baron, you only have to listen to the Scottish folk song "Leezee Lindsay" to find out who Lord Ronald MacDonald was. It tells you that he was "a chieftain of high degree," and his living descendant claims the same. And is very indignant about the burger-biz. Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was a kid, I thought "acorns" were "eggcorns." At least that what it sounds like with a New York accent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baron, of course if the Typos bother you to much, there is a computer program called "Dragon" which will type what you speak into a microphone.

    ReplyDelete