Monday, December 29, 2014

"All men are poets at heart" (Emerson)

.....Well, today is bowling day and I won't see RH+ again until two or three o'clock.  Then at 4pm the techie man is coming to hook up R's new printer to her laptop.  We had a neightbor try it but he couldn't get it to work.  Neither can I. Remebor I'm a poet, not a handiman. But back in the olden dahys, (52-76) I was able to paoint the house--inside ad out.  In addition, I could put up wallpaper.  I think it must be the housw fairy who gave me these skills.  Or perhaps, it's part of the evolution of the human race Darwin was talking abuot.  But now I'm wishing th house fairy will stop my hands from shaking so htat I could type without making these errors that frustrate me.  However, JR gave me permission to make these errors, so that is what I'll do.  Pay no attention to them.

.....So far we have gotter zero, zilch suggestions about RH+ leaving me for a week in order to attend Ilana's graduation from Penn State.  She says I'll need help, and I say maybe not.  After all, I can dress myself, shower myself, paint the building inside and out, put up wallpaper and turn on the TV and computer all by myself.  She needn't worry because if I fall down, I have that gizmo on my wrist.  If I press it, all Hell breads out--the pliss come, the medics come and they all insist on taking me to hospital which is the last or least help that I want.  Are they all crzy--I men R and the neighbors, not the poleess.

.....As for excitement around here, you/ll have to be satisfied that a guy from a faraway blog or website got hold of one of my poems and put it as the introduction to what he was going to write.  What he wrote, I forget, but knowing that a complete stranger saw my poem somewhere on the internet and thought enough of it to have it lead off an article should be escitement enough.  Otherwise it'll have to be a debate as to which Chinese restausrant has the best lobsters, or which intern has the best beside manner.  Then there's the fadt that Le Gron has lert town to serve up baskets for the Clefland Cavaliers.  Which reminds me that I am now a French Cavalier who has saved the gottle of French champagne to open and drind on New Year'ss Eve.  The only other excitement occurs when we have Florida stone crabs for dinner.              

3 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netDecember 29, 2014 at 5:01 PM

    Dear Baron, my husband recently left me for a week to go to Spain with some friends, and I enjoyed every minute! Spoke to no-one except the dog-walker (our two black Labradors are too strong for me to walk) and the neighbours, and, occasionally, all the folks in the Broomhill Tavern, this pub being my local "Cheers"-type bar. ("You wanna go where everybody knows your name!") WHERE IS THE PROBLEM??? Catch up with all the things you keep meaning to do, like answering letters or tidying a bureau. Write some poetry. Tell us of your literary influences. You've just produced two blog-posts in quick succession: keep it up! And for Heaven's sake, learn to take TEA instead of COFFEE, and all serenity will be revealed unto you, sew u wil bee liek ay reel Englihsanm. Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about suspended animation? It works for space travel. Why not try it? Look at all the food you ill save.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie-Somehow you missed the boat. I take great pleasure in being alone. I am my own best friend when alone. The big problem is my handicap. Sometime I can't walk from the living room or the bedroom to the kitchen. Then the phone rings at the same time the water is boiling. Putting on socks is out; I can't get down that far. When I say I'm handicapped, I mean I am handicapped. Being alone with things I can do but which I can't do for a day let alone a week. So THE PROBLEM IS THAT I'M HANDICAPPED!

    ReplyDelete