Monday, July 11, 2011

"Be near me when the sensuous frame is racked with pains that conquer trust..." (Tennyson)

.....I just got home from a hyperbaric session which sessions are getting to be very boring even though ESPN is available for viewing without audio. I'm concerned about Wednesday when the girls are playing France in the semi-final of the World Cup.  The game is scheduled for 11:30 so since I will by in the big tube at that time, I should be able to watch at least the first half.  These gals are terrific soccer players and I love the way they get down the wing to cross the ball.  Sooner or later someone is sure to get a header goal.  Speaking of heads, it appears that the great one, Phil B, eschews aid from doctors for his head wounds.  God forbid that he should forget all he knows that is registered in that magnificent head. In one of his communications he says that, "...until a few years ago, I never fell.  ."  This appears to mean that he fell a few years ago??  As for myself, I plan never to fall again; I only have two hips to lend to the remainder of my life.  And who can tell how many years are left to me. I spend my time now mostly at this blog and then converting them into book form.  And who knows who will be reading these books in the future. It has been going now since August, 2007, four years ago, and the result has culminated into the publishing of nine books.  Perhaps I am wasting my time, and should be doing something else; but what?

.....At the present time, I can ambulate either with a walker or a scooter, depending upon how far I have to go. Before my accident I was able to walk using a cane.  I don't know if I can ever get back to that condition. I do hope to.  It would at least allow me to audition for a show if there is one, and I believe there will be one next winter.  I doubt very much if there will be much call for a man with a walker...unless in "The Producers". All of this concern, now, for a guy who used to run 10 miles every day and two marathons.  Gosh, do I miss those days!  I do believe I might be able to get 10 miles out of my scooter without recharging. I could race someone. Might get on TV as the ultimate scooter race restricted to those over 85.  

3 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netJuly 11, 2011 at 6:19 PM

    Hi Cuzzin Baron - I understand that Hugh Laurie is doing his last series of "House." You and all your admirers, including me of ocurse, could compose "House - the musical," and cast you as Dr Gregory House, about 20 years hence, with a walker!!! That's the best I can think of. Anyone got any better ideas? Cuzzin Ruth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well since you hope to get back to being able to walk with a cane, make that your goal and stick to it. you can do anything you set your mind to, you and RH+ taught me that.....

    as long as you keep blogging your faithful readers will keep reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER (the Monty Woolley role)?

    ReplyDelete