Friday, September 18, 2009

"Violent fires soon burn out themselves." (Richard II)

.....Oh boy! I just love these comments. It's like a debate, a civil one at that, with the Baron winning. I am also delighted that my good friend and student (and a Professor), Bob Fox, is back with me, although I haven't a clue as to how he knew I was writing blogs yet again. But to respond to some of the comments; I never wrote that the DC protest was not peaceful, Jon. My objection was to the tenor of the comments on the signs. And for Joel's comment; what Carter had to say about racism in this country has nothing to do with his credibility. What he said was absolutely credible, and I believe it to be true. I made no comment on his other issues which may or not be credible. My opinion of the man has nothing to do with my opinion of his statement. And to Anonymous, as for my "self-proclaimed" statement that my reading comprehension is "first rate". What's wrong with confidence? It in no way implies anything about any one else's reading comprehension. And if you read that into my statement, then your comprehension might very well be "second rate" as you self-proclaimed it.


.....In these blogs, I write what I believe, and since it's my blog, I guess I have every right to do so. If I write what I believe, it in no way means that I believe I am right. Believing that I'm "right" is not one of my beliefs. I have enough sense to know that I may be wrong. Civility is a very fragile thing, and at any moment in time may be abused. I believe that Sen. Wilson's outburst in Congress was, under the circumstances, uncivil. However, since then, he apparently has many constituents who agree with him because he has raised over a million dollars and is something of a cult hero. To be "right" one must have incontrovertible evidence or facts. So if a poll was taken from all Americans and a great majority voted his conduct uncivil, then I suppose that is enough evidence to conclude that he was, indeed, uncivil. And that is what I believe.


....Keep those comments coming and perhaps there is a liberal Democrat out there somewhere who will come to my defense when I'm in need. I don't have a clue as to my friend Sir Bergovoy's political bent, but this is what he wrote in his comment--in case you missed it:
.....Doctor Baron Rouge is passionate about whatever he does, whether teaching, acting, reacting, or considering local and world affairs; that is certainly a virtue.You are free to disagree with him as long as you appreciate his many virtues--a massive intellect; a heart of gold; multi-talents that create envy in the spiritually impoverished; and the courage of an immortal. He maintains ruthless personal standards of excellence. AND THOSE ARE HIS BAD POINTS!A thoroughbred proves himself by his progeny. Robin, Joel, Bobby, and Bonny are as good as it gets.So, here's to you, Doc Ross. May your health improve and may you enjoy becoming a Centurion, in every sense of the word.






.....

2 comments:

  1. If the Baron has enough sense to know that he may be wrong, what if he is wrong about that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wilson is a congressman, not a senator.

    ReplyDelete