Saturday, September 5, 2009

"I 'gin to be aweary of the sun...." (Macbeth)

.....This has been the summer out of Hell! I can't wait for the end of it....I know that DST ends on October 31, but I don't suppose that's the end of summer...whenever that is. I will welcome it. So many things have happened to me--physically--that I'm guessing the cause is the onset of senescence. Well, I guess that occurs with many people. But I'm not in favor of it. The melanoma wound on my leg is taking its time to fully heal; however, it's almost there. It's almost three months now, and I'm guessing the 100% heal will take about another month. The happy thing is that I have been free of pain for a week. The wound care nurses that came twice a day, and the physical therapist that came twice a week are no longer coming--as of today. I was growing terribly weary of that whole routine. The wound care nurse is now Rhoda. She does a good job. And she doesn't have to be the caregiver she was in the early stages of post surgery. I can't wait for the lift for my scooter to be attached to my car so that I can get out of here! I have been cabin'd, cribbed, confined! And I need to be free.
.....With the arrival of the fall at least I'll have the pleasure of watching college and NFL football, and eventually--in October, the playoffs and the World Series. I love soccer, but I still believe baseball is the best game in the world. Basketball, I think, is silly....a team, college or NBA, to be successful must garner giants to put on the floor. And all the games you watch look almost exactly alike. Hockey is for Canadians and Russians. I wonder how they communicate.
.....Also this fall my cousin Edith's granddaughter is being Bas Mitzvah-ed. Actually, I believe the event will be this week. Many of my many cousins will probably be there in New Jersey by invitation. I didn't get one, but I sent a copy of my book to Edith to remind her that I'm still alive. I don't know if she'll read it or if she is able to read it--she's about 89 or more; but that's OK. She'll not miss my name on the cover. Another relative of mine--actually a former relative--my sister-in-law, Mildred, passed away the other day. Of course she was my ex-wife's oldest sister. Mildred was a fine lady, very bright and very "with it." Her passing saddens me. Her two sons are Barry and David and they will be bringing their mother back to Florida where she will be buried next to her husband. Harry and Mildred lived in Florida for many years, but after Harry died, Mildred followed her two sisters, Norma and Thelma, to California.
.....Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Norman, Glad to read that your wound is healing, and of course you now have the worlds best nurse to continue to take care of you. Mazol Tov to your Cousins Granddaughter, and my condolences on the recent passing of Thelma's sister Mildred. Please extend my thoughts and prayers to them if you get the chance to.

    ReplyDelete