Sunday, September 27, 2009

"Heaven is above all, yet there sits a judge." (Henry VIII)

.....I'm having a problem with my computer and I don't know how to fix it. Several times a day it freezes up on me and in order to unfreeze it I press, control, alt, delete. I'm really getting tired of that routine so one day I'll probable burn this thing. I don't know if the engineering of computers has yet to be perfected; the damn things can be extremely frustrating. Only this past week I've downloaded Explorer 7 and then Explorer 8. I don't know what the difference is from the Explorer I had before. Nothing seems to have changed. Well, in spite of all the aggravation it can cause, the computer is an extremely handy appliance to have around. I never could have written a book, my memoirs, if not for the computer so I'll keep it.
.....I realize that I said I would not be writing this blog anymore, but the urge to write something seized me into changing my mind. I guess I'm working on "Paternoster Vol.VI" now. The first five volumes that I have published are languishing on my bookshelf. Not one of them has been sold, except for the ones I've bought for myself. I truly don't expect anyone who has been reading my blog to buy a book full of them.
.....Son JR continues to insist that I audition for the TV show, "America's Got Talent", and I keep telling him there's no way I'm going to put myself through that by merely reading some poems. He thinks it would be a novelty for an octogenarian to be reciting poetry on stage. I'd surely get the gong, or whatever it is that they are giving idiots these days. I truly appreciate my son's faith in my skills; it's really nice to have that kind of support. But I don't think I can get anyone to buy a ticket to my one man show in Las Vegas--in the event I won; which I won't.
.....It won't be long now before Rh+ will be installed once more as President of the City of Hope chapter on our campus. The event will take place on September 30th, and many witnesses are expected. I think they're going to serve bagels and cream cheese at that meeting, so of course I'll go. RH+ is a very intelligent gal with amazing zeal and energy. I encouraged her to run for that office because she has leadership qualities which should not fust unused--if that's the proper way to use "fust". I think Shakespeare may have used it once. And thus--I will.
.....This evening is the first night of Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. That means that I have to atone for my sins this past year or God will fix my wagon. I wonder if that melanoma surgery was his way of punishing me for not atoning last year. Now, I'm trying to think of any sins I've committed this year. I don't think I have any--at least I haven't committed adultery or anything like that. I hear that in the Middle East somewhere the punishment for adultery is being stoned to death. I think that's cruel and unusual punishment for a little fling. So, light a candle for your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment