Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"Let there be gall enough in thy ink" (12th Night)

.....I have been working on my Great American Unknown Novel by the Famous Unknown Author.  It's hard to be working on that and also writing blogs.  But I do not want to disappoint my loyal readers who are peeking into our lives here through this blog which dates back to 2007!  I can't believe I've been working on this for five years.  I was a young 82 when I started.  I can't even remember why or how I started.  No matter, I have published 11 books of this blog for posterity if posterity cares to read them.  I have, myself, been reading the first one, "Paternoster in Condoland" when I go to bed and have nothing else to read.  Now I have only 402 to go. It's amazing, I suppose, that I find the book quite interesting, especially with the comments by which my readers have been immortalized.   As I am reading about forgotten events back then it feels as though someone else wrote the blogs.  Someone who has violated the copyright, and whom I might have to sue.  But I'm really not one for litigation against myself.

.....Rh+ and I have had colds for the last few days, so she will be Rh-  until we get better.  We both went to our MD yesterday and he pilled both of us up.  So now I have to deal with a few more meds; I'm going to have to buy more bottles of water in order to get them all down my throat.  I am certain that this is the first cold I've had since I set up camp here.  I don't usually get a cold, but my record has been broken.  We both agreed that Rho had the worst of it, but after the exam yesterday, the doc said I had the worst.  What a delightful surprise.  Now, I can complain about it and moan and whine all day long.  We are hoping that we will be well enough to travel to Tallahassee at the end of the month.  Since we cannot go to Montana, we do owe Robin a visit.  She's been here several times.  Not for long; but she's been here.  We have to go before she goes back to Montana.  Right now, Rho is at the supermarket buying  food for the house.  I've been existing on Eggos & bacon almost every day, and I need something else.  I don't know what; I don't eat cereal, and making eggs with a cane is no easy task.  

.....Nothing else to say at the moment.  Perhaps it will change after Obama and whatizname get to face each other in their election debates and their fierce TV commercials throwing darts at each other.  Meanwhile, Obama has done  as much as he could with the opposition against him.  The economy is slowly getting better, he has passed a universal health care bill so that all the people in America can get better care,  but the right wing loaded Supreme Court will likely throw it out, he has bailed out the auto industry here, and he has gotten rid of Bin Laden--a payoff for 9/11.  Now can I get back to my sickly science fiction novel?  
     "Tenet insanabile multos scribendi cacoethes et aegro in corde senescit"  Many suffer from the incurable disease of writing, and it becomes chronic in their sick minds--(Juvenal)

4 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netApril 17, 2012 at 7:51 PM

    Hope you and the Baroness recover quickly from your colds, dear Baron! It's great to hear from you again. Couldn't agree more about Obama - he's been a good President. If the Supreme Court strikes down his healthcare bill, and if I were in his shoes, I'd just get up and leave the White House without a backward glance. Btw, I understand that the legal challenge to the bill is about making an insurance contract compulsory, thus forcing Americans into an involuntary contract. Don't you have compulsory motor insurance in the US? Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. We do have compulsory auto insurance. We also have compulsory payments for Medicare taken from our Social Security checks each month. We also have to listen to Republican banter on TV and other media.

      Delete
  2. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netApril 18, 2012 at 12:09 AM

    Leaving aside the Republican venom, if you have compulsory auto insurance, where's the difference between that and compulsory health insurance? It beats me. However, if you had a proper health service, free at the point of use, funded from taxation, as we do, then no-one would ever have had to tie themselves into knots about whether compulsory health insurance was constitutional or not. But I'm pretty sure that Republicans wouldn't have been too happy with that either!!! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for making eggs with a cane: Might I suggest using a spatula instead?

    ReplyDelete