Thursday, April 26, 2012

Be patient, my friends. I shall return.

.....I wonder why people can't be more civil when they disagree on something. An "argument" begins innocently enough, but then the two contestants begin to rant and rave, and both chatter at the same time, and pretty soon the battle is out of hand and neither one has made a dent in the mind of the other.  Tomorrow we are going to Tallahassee to visit my daughter, Robin, with whom I rarely have a disagreement, except perhaps, politically. But that is understandable; both she and her deceased husband Richard both worked diligently in Republican administrations. Robin had posts with three Republican VIPs--President Bush, the father, George W., and then Jeb in Florida.  I never worked for any politician that I can recall.  And I never got into any dispute with someone whose political views clashed with mine.  I make no secret that I am a Liberal Democrat, indebted to FDR for the GI Bill which got me through college. I never could have gone to college without that law.  And because of it, I had a decent career as a teacher, and I learned that integrity is the essence of everything successful.  So, remember that next time you have a dispute with a friend. 


It's five minutes to nine right now, and I have to leave to pack and to watch "Person of Interest"  I will not be able to write a blog for about a week, so check back here at that time.  I'll be in Tallahassee.

1 comment:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netApril 26, 2012 at 9:33 PM

    Baron, people get hot under the collar when they feel that their interests or their capacity for understanding are under attack. It is time that people were schooled once more in the values of courtesy, and the importance of good faith. Until then, expect more aggravation! Enjoy yourself in Tallahassie!! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete