Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"I am not bound to please thee with my answer" (Shakespeare)

.....I have received a couple of comments and a couple of emails anent my discussion about the coming great grandboy in my blog yesterday.  I will share them with any who read this blog.  You may have to read them from the bottom to the top.


....I hate to disappoint you, but I was not a "preemie".  Jon was a preemie.  A preemie is a baby who is born before the mother's time and who needs to be watched carefully in a medical facility.  It's a synonym for "prematurely".  It has nothing to do with when the parents are married.  True, your grandparents were married only four months before I was born, but just goes to show you how far ahead of their time they were!

The Original Ross


...although I believe they do have significant others.  I just tend to be somewhat old fashioned thinking that you have to marry before you procreate.  But evidently the generations that followed mine have not gone for that nonsense. ...  (quoted from my blog)

From Robin:
And this is why you are a preemie ??   haha    Houston will be a preemie too - like his great grandpa - and like his great grandpa, he's likely to be a REDHEAD!   OY.

And now for Joel:
Joel has left a new comment on your post "On the seventh day God rested. His grandchildren ...": 

If it makes you feel any better, the father of Katrina's boy is also her fiancé. I believe the marriage is scheduled to occur before the birth. I think something like this happened over 88 years ago near Long Branch. So much for the old-fashioned way

.....It's true; my parents were married four months before I was born....and that was back in 1924 when Jewish girls were supposed to be "good".  I maintain that Joel's grandparents were not "bad" but way ahead of their time.  And, yes, Houston may be a redhead like the Baron--but that's only an indication that he will be graduating from an elite school like Yale or Harvard or Columbia or Cornell or even Oneonta.

.....(If there is more to be said, I will add it to this blog in the comment section)

3 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netApril 10, 2012 at 7:05 PM

    Gosh, dear kinsfolk, does all this matter so very much? We should ad idem in welcoming the new little member of the family! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netApril 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

    Sorry, that should have read "BE ad idem." That's the sort of thing that happens when one is trying to be clever!! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netApril 11, 2012 at 7:58 AM

    Sorry to keep going on, but I have only just understood what "preemie" means. The problem was that we pronounce the word premature "premma-ture" here in England! Actually, your pronunciation is more logical, insofar as English pronunciation can be said to have any connection at all with logic, which is arguable to say the least. Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete