Friday, December 4, 2009

"The web of our life is as a mingled yarn, good and ill together." (All's Well)

.....I have been thinking lately about what a blog is and about what my own blog is. This definition is from Webster's online dictionary:

Etymology: short for Weblog a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer; also : the contents of such a site.

..... Well, I'm not certain of the meaning of "hyperlink" and I don't believe I've ever used one. I prefer to consider my blog rather more of a combination of "bio & log" because I'm really writing a diary or journal of my personal life and thoughts which readers peruse at their peril. For example, yesterday I was pretty harsh in my analysis of the dress rehearsal of our theatre workshop "Showcase", the performance of which takes place today. (I am hopeful that there will be a vast improvement and that the performers have at least studied their scripts a little more diligently last night. I dread their using "street talk" once more instead of watching their diction and their projection so that the audience can hear the lines. ) I started this blog in August 2007 shortly after publishing my memoirs, so this blog takes up where the memoirs left off. Consequently, the story of my life is documented in "Memoirs of a Tailgunner" and in five books thus far of "Pater Noster in Condoland"--(Our father in South Florida!). The sixth book will complete my writings and will sport a different title to wrap up the whole bookshelf--which also contains Robin's book and Joel's book--proudly.


.....I believe I'll continue writing this diary/journal until the New Year, after which I'm just going to hang around. I'll be 86 in February, and so I don't expect there will be too much more to write about my life. It's just about exhausted in adventures and misadventures. After all has been said, done, and written, life is good, regardless of the misadventures. One lives for the good times--and I don't mean "fun" when I say good times. What I mean is for the periods in one's life when happiness is paramount. I've been happy before, but at this point in my life I am happy despite all the losses that I have had to contend with, the worst of which has been the loss of my family life. The mother of my children has been gone for a long, long time to seek her own life. All four of my children and grandchildren have divided themselves around the country, and if I happen to see any one of them face to face once in a while it is appreciated. Other losses, though no less significant, nor as gut wrenching as fires in the heart, have been the loss of my brothers in combat, and the loss of my mobility requiring my use of a cane and a scooter device. I hate it! But the one thing that has allowed me to survive these "misadventures" has been the good fortune of meeting my wife, RH+, formally known as Rhoda.
.....This woman has brought unmitigated joy into my life. When she is home, life is surely good and nothing else matters. I love her when she is in the room I'm in. I love her when she is in the bedroom, the kitchen, the living room. I love her when she goes to her City of Hope meetings; I love her when she goes to aerobics in the morning, I love her when she sees friends to play cards; I love her when she goes bowling; I love her when she puts my socks on (my back will break if I do it); I love her when she is cooking, or doing the laundry. I love her when she is out shopping, or getting her nails or hair done, or lunching with a friend. When this woman smiles, the whole room lights up. I love her when she helps me and cares for me. What I'm trying to say here is that my wife is all woman and she amazes me. She is keeping me alive; I don't know how she does it.

2 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netDecember 4, 2009 at 5:14 PM

    Don't give up the blog, Cuz - it's a treat! Glad you and Rh+ are so happy together. NB, if the show doesn't come off well, give up. These folks are obviously good people and doing their best, but if they're not up to the task, not much else can be done. C'est la vie! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Darling, Thank you for the beautiful words. I do what I do, especially for you, because I love you very much. You are my rock, my greatest supporter and the one who allows me to be me. Let's continue to mature, not grow old, together. Love you, RH+

    ReplyDelete