Friday, November 20, 2009

"It's never too late to make amends." (Red Baron)

…..After my previous blog, in which I was not too kind to the Republican party, (and I feel with good reason), I believe that I ought to say something kind to my readers whom I believe to be somewhat right of center, even though they might not be Republicans; or perhaps they even may be conservative Democrats; while I am a perfectly loyal left of center liberal Democrat. These readers are--never mind. There may even be some friends in Montana. Red Baron understands completely that you are free to take whatever position you choose politically, morally, economically, socially, fundamentally, constitutionally, and conscientiously. I will go no further in this posting than to wish the vote to begin debate on the issue of health care reform goes through in the Senate on Saturday night. Then the battle will be joined.

.....On another subject, I believe I also ought to say something kind to my care givers in the VA Medical Center in West Palm Beach. I have been going there for doctors and medication since 1983; that's 26 years, and never have I had to wait more than fifteen minutes to see a doctor; and whatever medications I need are almost always delivered to my door on time. On the other hand, when I go to a private doctor I often have to wait an hour...but I usually decide to leave after waiting 45 minutes. My time is valuable also. And speaking of having to wait for something, my father who died at the age of 33 from service connected injuries acquired in Aero Squadron 27 during WWI never received a Purple Heart for having lost three limbs. I have been trying to correct that injustice for the past five years; but convincing the military records center is another matter. Finally, after 90 years, my father received his Purple Heart--posthumously. I have framed it properly and proudly, and it now graces an honored wall in my home. Sometimes it pays to ring some bells....or crack some heads.

1 comment:

  1. WOO HOO.....Your Perserverance in fighting for your Dad's Purple Heart, is an insperation to us all. Your Father would be proud of the son he raised and values that you have instilled in your children and students.

    ReplyDelete