Saturday, October 1, 2011

"Life is good"???? Really???? Not at the moment.

.....I am wearing  a t-shirt that, on the front, claims "Life is Good".  It's 100% cotton which is required when entering the hyperbaric chamber.  I'm not at all cognizant of why that is a necessity.  I am also not at all cognizant of whether or not life is good. It used to be good--at least 100% better than it is now.  (This blog is sort of a biographical journal, so I have to be honest--just in the event that it at some point it is entered in the Congressional Record...or on the editorial page of the Jewish Journal).  My life right now is overrun with a tsunami of medication.  I take pills in the morning; pills in the afternoon; and pills at night.  It's depressing and not a little humiliating for a nobleman like the Baron).  Then I have a wound care nurse coming to the house every other day to dress the wound that never heals on my left heel.  In addition to her efforts, I have appointments every two weeks or so to report to the Wound Care Center so that a doctor can look at the wound that never heals...at least not since last March when I broke my left hip. (The right hip was broken about two years ago and is trouble free).  Not so the left hip which was fractured on the cruise ship Oasis back in March.  It is still giving me problems.  I am relegated to the use of a walker...along with a few thousand other people in the area.  However, I am the only handicapped guy with a Harley-Davidson walker.  At least that's what a sticker claims on it.

.....I am thankful, however, that I no longer have to depend on Val, my former aide, to drive me to wherever I need to go.  I now can drive myself...very carefully.  It appears, however, that I do not need to drive anywhere else, but to doctors' appointments.  I have an internist whose Indian accent I cannot understand; so when he says something I just shake my head as though I can comprehend him.  I also have an orthopedist, a urologist, a neurologist, a pulmonologist, a psychologist, a psychiatrist, a dentologist and an audiologist and, no doubt, a few other --ologists that, at the moment, I can't recall.  I am not convinced that any of them had decent grades in med school. As for Rhoda, I'm not convinced about her view of life at this point...she is in need of thyroid surgery which probably won't happen until the end of October.  She will remain depressed until that is over with.  Oh, yes...nothing in her closet fits her.  But two good things about her life--her four years as president of the City of Hope chapter here is over and has set her free!  And, she still picked herself up and went to Rosh Hashanah services, as she does every year.  Well, that means Happy & Healthy New Year to all of you out there.


.....An addendum to the blog about the importance of the family; Hannah Ross has just landed a prestigious job as a fashion photographer. To wit;

Skye Associates, LLC, a fashion e-commerce solutions company, has named fashion photographer Hannah Ross as their Director of Production and Studio. Ross will supervise the launch of Skye’s new production studio and will manage all model casting, photography and video. Owner Adam Hanin wanted to enhance the in-house production of his burgeoning company.
“Hannah is artistic, fashionable and has a fresh eye. She will be able to pinpoint the creative needs of our Skye properties as well as our ever growing brand management business,” Hanin says. “Our business has reached a point where it is now about optimizing the traffic that we have built. Hannah will be able to immediately raise the quality of our visual presentation, an obvious and important feature of e-commerce. I have been searching for this level of talent to deliver what our customers are looking for. Hannah is the one," Hanin concluded.
Ross is quite well-versed when it comes to fashion, celebrity and photography. With degrees from New York University and the University of Arts London, Ross is also the recipient of multiple awards and her works have been exhibited at galleries and museums around the world. Her photographs have also graced the pages of The New Yorker, Harper’s Bazaar and Rolling Stone. High-profile subjects include Perez Hilton, LMFAO and Lauren Conrad. 


Rho and I sent her an e-card congratulating her on her appointment.  Thus far we have received no e-response.  This omission must be owing to the fact that Hannah is of a newer, different generation.  We acknowledge that fact.  Nevertheless, we are proud of and happy for her.


Baron & RH+ atop the family tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment