Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"...One gets so bored with good wine." (Disraeli)


…..I”’m having a helluva time adjusting to this desultory life.  I get up every morning (thankfully) use a gripping device to help me dress, another device to get a sock on my right foot. The left foot has a sore so I cannot put a sock on it; well, I’ll spare you all of the details.  I get hold of my walker, go into the kitchen, take my morning medication, then read the sports page.  Right now, nothing but football; boring.  My breakfast usually consists of coffee and three Oreo cookies, or an Eggo with some syrup on it.. Finished with that chore, I idle into the den and turn on the computer.  I go to read my e-mail, but there isn’t any, except some notice from a bank about a CD maturing.  I keep my financial matters on the internet, and I wonder if Rhoda will ever be able to get all that’s coming to her if she can’t find the information on my computer.  I keep showing her, but she doesn’t appear too interested to write it down.  Then, I have the inclination, I will write a post to my blog.  I don’t want to write too many, because then I”ll have to publish them in another book which no one will ever read. That blog has five year’s worth of reading.  I think that one who has never read the blog would find it quite interesting in book form.

.....I think I had better see if I am able to drive my car; it would solve a lot of problems, not the least of which Rhoda would not have to drive me to the VA for a doctor’s appointment..  “The world is too much with us, late and soon. We lay waste our powers.”  Man I wish I could also stand upon a  pleasant lea like Mr. Wordsworth and have Proteus rise from the sea and hear old Triton blow his wreathed horm.  What a relief it would be from this world to live like the Pagans, at least for a couple of days, in order to be introduced to all the Gods and Goddesses and Heroes.  That would certainly relieve the boredom of these days of illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment