Thursday, September 1, 2011

Phil, my friend forever; he can do no wrong."

.....It's been a while since there has been a comment to this blog from a loyal reader whose name is Phil.  But do not be fooled by that name; he is of royal blood but lately a little under the weather to be bothered with blogs; and that is understandable since I had the same aversion several months ago.  Right now, I too, am confronted by one of the remaining issues I have to deal with every day--and that is the sore behind my heal whose pain I keep battling.  The sore has become even smaller than a dime, but the pain persists and who knows what will become of it?  I can use my walker without pain because the  sore does not interfere with my walking.  And today I am going to walk to the Theatre Arts class where I act like a judge on "America Has Talent".  

.....I have not been to Hyperbarics for a month now, but my ears are still stuffed from the experience.  I believe I will have to find an ENT doctor who may be able to clear me up, because when I talk it feels like I'm in a tunnel.  O, yes--something good to mention is the new chair which Rh+ urged me to buy.  It's one of those reclining chairs which also goes down to where it helps you to get up.  It's in our living room and great for watching TV.  Problem with it is that it's too easy to fall asleep on it, therefore one can miss NCIS.


Well, I'm back from the Acting class.  I did two readings; the first was "Send in the clowns" The idea was to act out the song without singing it.  The second reading was a monolog about a guy who reminisces about his mother.  Both readings wowed the group.  There will be an "inhouse" show next March and I'd like to perform in it, but I don't think the walker would go over.  When I was growing up in the Bronx I always dreamed about being an actor, but I wound up being an English teacher--but I did a  lot of "acting" in that position.   

2 comments:

  1. I think entering up-center-stage on a scooter under a spotlight, coming to a stop at the footlights, and then carefully getting off the scooter to deliver your lines would be a great entrance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "O! That this too, too, solid flesh would melt; thaw and resolve itself into a dew."

    ReplyDelete