Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"Hence! home you idle creatures get you home!" (Julius Caesar)

.....Good news; son Bobby and new girlfriend, Michelle arrived for a brief visit on Labor Day and today until 5:30.  Yesterday went for a drive through "Lion Country Safari".  It was quite expensive, even with our coupon of $6 off for each one in the car.  We were supposed to see lions, but I didn't see one; they were lolling in the shade of a large boxlike construction and hardly visible.  I saw one rhinoceros and one hippo.  Then there were a lot of different animals I can't name with large horns; an ostrich or two, a few zebras and a couple of giraffes.  I thought the whole thing was a huge waste of my meager funds.  Rho and I had gone to this place about 20 years ago, and as I recall it was a more satisfying experience. Of course, back then I was able to walk and we took in some of the other exhibits featuring animals such as monkeys; then we went on a paddle boat ride and had lunch in the restaurant.  Fortunately, our guests were fascinated and Bobby took a picture of everything with his camera.  We left the fair grounds about 5:30 and went straight to dine at the Chinese Kingdom Buffet which they thoroughly enjoyed.  Michelle thought she would taste every morsel in the place!

.....Today, the two youngsters came here about 12:30pm and we all went to the bagel place for brunch. Michelle opined that she was hankerin' for some lox and cream cheese on a bagel, and so that is what she ordered.  After lunch we went across the road to Home Depot and bought some corner molding to protect the corners on our walls.  My scooter made a couple of nicks on them when I was locomoting with it.  Now, I use the walker exclusively.  Other chores for Bobby while we had him here was to turn over the mattress in our bedroom, to adjust an a/c vent in the den so the cold air would not blow on Rho's neck while she worked at her desk.  He also fixed some problems I was having with my computer.  Bobby is very adept at computer tech.  He brought a beautiful laptop here, but had some problems because we don't have wi-fi.  The two left for the airport about 5:30 which would give them sufficient time to return the rental car and have a bite to eat before their 8:15 flight on Spirit Airlines.  It was really a joy and a blast to have them here; they are so young.

No comments:

Post a Comment