Sunday, August 14, 2011

WWII Ends

Today, 66 year's ago (probably too long for people to remember), the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima and WWII ended for me.  (People probably forgot alot about the Civil War 66 years later in 1930+).  Anyway, forget about that; it only means something for me today.  Now about Uncle Phil and Cousin Ruth.  They have been adopted into the family pro bono (Just sounds official) and I've been thinking that there ought to be some kind of documents or ceremony that would make their titles legit.  I would like that; I love those two.  Phil was brilliant scholar, athlete, coach, teacher and winner on Jeopardy.  Ruth is a famous poet in the UK and she has a brain in the top 10.  She should be a legit cousin, especially if she can show that she has not participated in the late riots or looted any of the stores during that unrest.
Any ideas? (I realize, of course that this could be written as a blog, but...).  Right now I am thankful that I can get around in my walker without pain and without the need for an aide.  By the way, today I published a paperbound copy of "Condo Capers"--and I have a new shop where any of my books may be purchased.  Here''s the link in case you missed it:  http://lulu.com/spotlight/norrho1..I don't mean that you guys need buy a book; I'm referring to other customers.  I gave you the link so you could see that it's "cool".  After all, I don't have an album of pictures of Costa Rica so all I have is a stinkin link!  (Here it is 

 By the way, the photos from Costa Rica are very pretty.  Now what?  (Damn; this could have been a blog post.  I think I'll put it up there.  What can I lose that I haven't already lost?)

2 comments:

  1. A grand idea about Cuzzin' Ruth and Uncle Phil. However, Ruth is already a real cousin. She is your ex-second-cousin-once-removed-in-law. I say that we give her a promotion, and remove the removed from her title. I've already told her offline that we've already accepted her into the "inner circle," but it does come with many risks. She already knows many of our secrets, and we know a few of hers.

    As for Phil, he also knows way too many secrets. But he is as trusted as an uncle (I mean a good uncle), so it's ok. I feel cheated, however, that we lost touch with him for a couple of decades when it would have been quite useful to have him in our lives. So let's make the most of our time with him now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On second thought, why are we assuming that these two would want such an "honor"? If they are as smart as we know they are, they might be figuring out a polite way to decline.

    Also, I made a mistake about Ruth's present stature. She's actually your ex-second-cousin-in-law. Much closer than we had imagined. The "removed" had already been removed.

    ReplyDelete