Thursday, August 25, 2011

OK OK I'll tell a story!

.....Number one son sent the following email to me today.
"Got this note from a guy I work with who saw your medal ceremony on Utube some time ago." Some time in the distant past Joel means. And I will share that guy's note with any reader who has an interest in history.


These are fascinating.  He’s a true national hero.  If he is ever interested in recounting war stories, I hope he lets you record them for archiving purposes.  Rarely, do we encounter men that put boots on the ground in so many different lands,  that serve their country as noble patriots, and that give of themselves as much as your father has given.  We may meet teachers that have taught for decades.  We may meet veterans of various wars.  But it is the combination of the two -- think of all the people he has helped mold into citizens because of his influence -- that is what’s truly extraordinary about him.  And the selfless manner with which he has done it all is most remarkable.  I’d pop a crisp salute to him if I ever get the opportunity to meet him.  You should be proud.  


.....Joel did not include the man's name, but I do appreciate his comment and if I ever meet him, I'd return the salute. But I don't know if Joel is recording, for "archiving purposes" my stories. Speaking of teaching and wars, right now I am returning to my acting class for the first time in five or six months. Not that I'll be doing any acting--just commentary of others' monologues in the manner of Piers Morgan on "America has talent." For me, it would be very difficult to act on the stage with a walker--unless of course there's a role for a man with a walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment