Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"The miserable have no other medicine but only hope." (Measure for Measure)

.....Hello again friends of The Baron.  I want you to know that I now have a new good-looking bookshop...and here's the link http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/norrho1.....I don't know if you can get there by clicking the link on this post; if not, then copy it into your browser address bar atop the page.  After 30 days, the shop I have now will disappear into cyberspace. (I tried clicking on the link and it works)..I don't expect anyone to buy a book, but you just might be curious enough to check out the new shop.  If any two books look alike, one is paperbound, the other hard cover.  My books are being sold at many internet bookstores such as Amazon.  The down side of all of this is that if too many books are sold, I'll have to pay tax on the royalties, so be careful.

.....Like all other days, there's not much for me to do or what I able to do.  I'm not very happy about that.  I'm not now in a condition to drive my car, so Rhoda has to drive me to Drs. and/or the VA.  However, the upside of this is that I don't have too many appointments anymore.  I do have one this Friday at the Wound Care Center for the doctor to examine the sore on my left foot.  I don't expect that he'll have much to do there, except to say that I should continue with the hyperbaric treatments--which I'm not going to do while my ears are all stuffed up.  I haven't been there in a week now and my ears have not improved.  Even so, Val would not be driving me there every day; she drives a school bus, and I won't allow Rhoda to do it.  I'm not thrilled about spending an hour and a half in that tube every day. I don't have much pain in my hip anymore; all the pain I have is on my heel--and if anyone touches it, the pain shoots up past a value of 10.  Right now I have the walker to use when we go out and the scooter in the house.  I guess I can live with that.

.....On more or less mundane goings on, my cousin Gary from Chicago sent me a DVD of the 25th Anniversary of "Les Miz".  I truly love that show, and I find it amazing beyond belief how two guys could come up with a masterpiece like that??   One to write the music and the other to put lyrics to it?? I cannot imagine how they can do that, and I'm rather miffed that no one has offered to write the music to my blog.  So, right now I'm only a famous unknown author.  ........The most exciting thing today will be the delivery of a chair with a remote that will allow my to get it in any position, and even get me to the point where I can almost just step out of it. 
What next in this world?

1 comment:

  1. I've seen you with remote controls. Please make sure the chair doesn't spin you around so fast that you fly out. Or if it does, try to time it so you land on the couch.

    ReplyDelete