Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"The prickly thorn often bears soft roses." (Ovid)

.....This afternoon my computer went kerplooie--ADIH. Strange things happened after I tried to open Barbara's e-mail (daughter-in-law) attachment relating to my blog yesterday about the clothing in my closet manufactured in antique lands. Now, I believe her e-mail may have had nothing to do with the computer's peevishness--then, again, I don't know. Anyway, my Links tool bar fell below my Comcast tool bar, and I couldn't get it back to where it was. In addition several of the links disappeared into linkland, and the word "Links" went from the extreme right side to the extreme left side of the tool bar...perhaps it was political?? I couldn't get it back to the right side. Maybe JR can fix it if it's not against the law. I tried to use the Restore program, but whatever date I put in back from today, the message came back, "Unable to restore to the date you selected." I thought that was really mean spirited. That never happened since I became a computer whizinot, and that's been a very long time. But I was cagey enough to drag some of my lost web sites back onto the half-naked links toolbar.


....And speaking of "broken" things, I have to leave for an appointment with my law firm's chiropractor in just a few minutes...so in keeping up with the spirit of breakiness, I have to break away from this for a couple of hours. (AAMOF, if you've been keeping up with these blogs you will have noticed that periodically I use a neologism to shake things up a bit--they just pop into my head i.e. "breakiness". I believe it's a perfectly good word meaning "tendency to break").....BBIAW. O.K. I'm back and you may have noticed that I included in the blog some "texting"--now I'm an expert WOAIP. And I really don't want one. The texting is there to add a little spice to a blog needing a little spice. AAR, I spent an hour and a half at the chiropractor our lawyer sent me to, and he was a very good one. He put me through some paces that, hopefully, will alleviate or cure the pains I'm feeling in my back as a result of the Walmart incident. When we retrieved the mail, there were several letters from the law firm, basically instructing me not to say anything to anybody about what happened. MTW! For the curious, I will translate the texting in a comment to this blog.

2 comments:

  1. ADIH=ANOTHER DAY IN HELL
    AAMOF=AS A MATTER OF FACT
    BBIAW=BE BACK IN A WHILE
    O.K.=O.K.
    WOAIP=WITHOUT AN I POD
    AAR=??(I FORGET)
    MTW=MUM'S THE WORD.

    ReplyDelete