Saturday, May 30, 2009

"It is Fortune, not wisdom that rule's man's life." (Cicero)

.....Well, it seems that a blog about grandchildren brings out the liberals and the conservatives; so far 15 comments is a new record. I even got a few anonymouses and one name I don't recognize. Even Phil Bergovoy, the Genghis Khan of Guttenberg, deigned to weigh in with Phil-osophical thoughts and aphorisms of his own. The comparison between me, (the whiner?) and King Lear is perceptive--except for the fact that Lear went mad because of Goneril and Regan--his two abusive daughters. I don't plan to go mad because of my relationship with Hannah--and the other grandchildren. My own two daughters are royal princesses and I know them very well and I love them. As I iterated in my blog, no one is to blame for this state of affairs. The exigencies of our lives is the primary cause. Perhaps things may change as they get older and wiser and more in need of a grandparent--but they better hurry--I'm also getting older, but perhaps not wiser. I wish I could be like Mark Twain.
.....Speaking of getting older, it appears as though some healthless things accompany you each day. Yesterday my dermatologist called and said the results of a lab test indicated that I have a "Clark 2 melanoma" on my left leg, (whatever that is) and a "squamos cell" on my right cheek. So, tomorrow we have to call a surgeon and an oncologist to check out the melanoma, and another surgeon to get out the cancerous cell in my cheek with "mohs" surgery. Now I hope Anonymous doesn't step up and claim that my blog is whinery. I'm just stating some facts without feeling sorry for myself. It's just that s..t happens; I know that--but I'm going to fight it all the way.
.....I have nothing else to say.

1 comment:

  1. Le Baron Rouge, please stop copying my negative experiences. I've been there, done that, with cancerous melanomas; if I survived (and I believe that I did), then you will also. From my lips to God's ears.

    You understand, of course, that Goneril and Ronald Regan did not drive Lear crazy. He permitted their actions to unbalance him.

    The Baron is neither to be pitied nor scorned. He is to be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete