Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Pot Pourri of "Stuff and Fluff".

.....Well, I cheated a little yesterday. I didn't know what to write since nothing much is going on here. I just left a link to my medal ceremony a couple of years ago accompanied by a juicy comment by a former student who did not leave a name. I'd love to know who wrote it, so if "Spords" (an obvious nickname) is reading this, send me your real name, please, so that I can send you flowers or coupons to Publix.
.....I've been going to physical therapy for the past couple of weeks and I detest it. Perhaps the PTs know what they're doing, but I don't. They are supposed to be helping my balance when I walk, and I don't know if they will do much good. I had an appointment today which I cancelled because I get spells of nausea when I think about the regimen they put me through. It's not difficult--in fact, it's pretty easy, but I don't like it one bit because it's designed for 100 year-old seniors. I haven't gotten there yet.
.....I've made my peace with one person who got upset because I mentioned her name as a friend I thought would invite Rhoda and me to the post-show party last month. I'm glad she and I are "back together". We'll put that incident to bed. However, there are two other people who were bent out of shape for no good reason--notice that I said "good reason". They had reason, but in my humble--no, egoistic--opinion it wasn't good. I know one couple whose name was mentioned in the offending blog, whom I've been friendly with for many years have taken to refuse to "talk" to me. Nevertheless, I send them friendly e-mails and I never get a response. That's tragic and mean. I know that I am not blameless in this affair, but I don't think that my expressed feelings in that blog were sufficient to make anyone capsize the way they have. Well, c'est la vie.
.....My "cousin" and pen pal in Sheffield, England was thoughtful enough to send me a book belonging to her father which according to it, makes learning Latin "easy." I thumbed through it and it doesn't look so easy. I always wanted to learn Latin, but none of the schools I attended had classes in it. I've checked the schools and colleges here in South Florida for Latin classes, but found none--of course; it's Florida. Well, cuzzin Ruth Grimsley, (whose name sounds as if it came directly out of a Charles Dickens' novel,) who exults in thinking I've made her famous because she has been mentioned in a previous blog, is being made famous once more. She's like the J. Lo of the United Kingdom. I'll give the book a shot; but my brain is not functioning the way it did when I was 23. I was once able to do the Sunday Time's x-word puzzle and write 100% better than I can now--but never had the time. I had to work long hours in order to feed Bobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment