Friday, February 13, 2009

Thissa and thatta (Red Baron)

Today Rhoda had a City of Hope luncheon in the Hilton Hotel in Deerfield. I was supposed to go with her, but I wouldn't be able to get back in time to prepare for my Shakespeare class, Rho told me to stay home, so I did. The class is getting along swimmingly. However, by the end I'm pretty well spent. No more teaching for me. I thought today what if Shakespeare's name were Smith or Goldberg? What effect would that have? Imagine someone saying they studied Goldberg in school--or that they were reading Smith's plays? Simply doesn't have the same kick as the name, Shakespeare.
Since both of us were spent, we decided to go out for dinner to a Thai place which I thought was a fast food joint--something like Wendy's, but when we got there we saw several people waiting outside until they were called in. Turns out that the place was a full blown Thai restaurant. Rh+ was somewhat leary of Thai food thinking that all the dishes were spicy. However, once we got inside both of us ordered Pan Thai and she found it to be delicious and not spicy at all. It was a surprisingly good outing.
Tom is still working on the bathrooms and all the other rooms look as though the house was hit by a tornado. All the stuffin the bathrooms had to be removed and they are now scattered and resting on the floor. In our living room a humongous box is sitting there now for a week or so. Inside of it is a toilet. I can't wait until Tom leaves so we can get back to some normalcy. The bathrooms are going to be great and quite modern. The bathroom in the den is being painted a light blue and so far it looks wonderful. Shower doors were also put on the bathtub. The lady of the house is thrilled by it all. Tom is a nice guy, but weird because he can do everything by himself. Everything and anything: painting, electricity, laying tile, building cabinets. I don't know where he learned to do all this. He is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment