Wednesday, April 27, 2016

WHO TURNED ON THE HUBRIS? (Ross)

.....I went to a seder at Gary's house and after all was read and sung we received the food I'd been waiting for. It came, It could have been food that I was familiar with.
All through the pamphlet that had the required reading was prayer extolling a benevolent god. Well I thought long and hard to accept the violence in the world due either to a non existent god or a malevolent god.  I settled on the former. This world is not the world in which I raised my children.
 
.....This country suffered the horror of 9/11. Paris lost many people in a terror attack as did Belgium . In Nigeria two year's ago 200 girls were kidnapped and they have not been returned to their mothers. Very little has been done to free these girls. The war in Syria seems to have gone on forever and thousands have been killed there. And I'm sure my readers have heard about "Isis" in the Middle East which spawned an ocean of refugees. And here in America hundreds of men, women , and children have been murdered and nothing has been done about guns in this country. What? Is God sleeping? "I'd rather be a pagan, suckled in a creed outworn"  so might I  avoid having to read the news every day..... Thank you Mr. Wordsworth for giving me an idea.  

.....A citizen of America will cross the ocean to fight for democracy, but won't cross the street to vote in a national election.

.....If you wish to be entertained, just turn on your TV to CNN and hear palaver from and about for Whining Trump, Lying Cruz, and the other guy all trying to get the nomination to be President. Besides the entertainment provided free of charge by CNN about the dash for delegates, just wait until November and tune in to the conventions! In all my 92 years, I have never seen anything like the candidates' political pugilism, and I hope I never see it again. What a country!

.....Friends and not so friends, I am giving up computerism. I have sat in front of this damn thing for hours trying to get here because this computer is extremely balky and frustrating. Also, I have made many mistakes in typing this post and so I have to hit the back button much too often now. Geeze, I typed 65 words a minute in h.s.!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mikey--It clearly says, "Post a comment" & it clearly says "Comment as:" and then write your name in the box. You just get a box for your comment if you click on "Post your comment". Etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netApril 28, 2016 at 1:40 AM

      Don't stop blogging, dear Baron! PLEASE make the effort, we love your stuff!!
      What's this about turning on the hubris? Is it a new electronic gizmo? (Actually, it started off as A/Gk for "insult," and got extended to mean insult to the gods by appropriating their prerogatives.) Cuz Ruth

      Delete