Monday, April 7, 2014

"Man arrives as a novice at each age of his life."

,,,,,Hi friends, do I have a treat for you today! You may recall that in a previous posting to this wonderful blog, I gave you the 10 best foods in my diet.  Well, they may not be in my diet now--as RH+ says, but I like them.  And now I will give you another 10 in my repertoire--and they are love songs that I have heard and liked:

1. Beatles--Something
2. Elton John--Your Song
3. Paul McCartney--Maybe I'm Amazed
4. Roberta Flack--The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
5. Billy Joel--Just the Way You Are.
6. Beatles--Yesterday
7. Beatles--And I Love Her
8. Eric Clapton--Wonderful Tonite
9. Modern English--I Melt With You
10. Righteous Brothers--Unchained Melody

.....And there you have it friends of the Baron.  My 10 best love songs.  Oh, I really don't mean they are better than others; when I say "10 best", I mean I like them the best--if you follow my meaning.  I would love to hear from whoever reads this to tell me a couple of your favorite love songs--of which there are oodles!

.....I recently read an article in the paper which indicated that TriRail was going to audition seniors over 65 for a show they are doing in May. They are looking for 12 performers.  I realized that I was over 65 so I called them and told the nice lady to put my name down as one who cared to audition, namely me.  I'm just doing it for the adventure; from the myriad of seniors who will be involved, I really don't think I'll be one of the 12.  The auditions are being held tomorrow.  The sorrowful thing is that I really can't sing anymore.  My voice has gone south, as have several other things.  I'll let you know how I made out.

4 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netApril 7, 2014 at 10:49 PM

    Gosh, Baron, I like all the ones you like and have no further ideas. Except to tell everyone that "The First Time ever I saw your Face" was composed by the British folkie Ewan McColl, for his wife Peggy Seeger, who is, I think, the half-sister of Pete Seeger, recently deceased.
    No, the songs to which I'm paying most attention at the mo are songs about TALKING, because I'm singing them to my granddaughter, 6 months old last Saturday, to encourage her speech. "Happy Talking" from "South Pacific." "Say Wonderful Things to me!" And lastly, "Speak to me pretty!" This last has a glorious ending:
    "Speak to me pretty, and when you do
    My heart will willingly follow you-oo-oo:
    Speak to me pretty, speak to me sweet,
    Words can knock me off-a my feet:
    "Speak to me: speak to me!"
    Note (no pun intended, Cousin Joel) to Joel: in the last line, the two phrases are exactly an octave apart, and the chord for the former is the sub-dominant, and that for the latter, the tonic. To stupendous effect - so get on with finding out all about THAT. The more you know about what's going on, the more pleasure you will derive from it!
    Much love, Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you make it to the auditions...hope for the best outcome but prepare for the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your top 10 love song likes to Don because I knew he would be VERY impressed! As am I ! Your are a very hip guy dad! You amaze me!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I can't sing
    Yes, I'm going to sing anyway!

    ReplyDelete