Saturday, March 8, 2014

Who's Going to Stop Me? I'm 90.

.....Dear Ruthie, my 90th birthday party was a blast.  I missed you very much that night.  Rhoda did a fine job reading your poem. I enjoyed it so much.  How much do I owe you?  Just kidding!  We had about 60 people there including two former students and Phil Bergovoy--if you can believe it.  He came somewhat late, and in a wheelchair which blew me away.  His voice is down a treble or two.  I had hearing aids and I could barely hear him.  I was surprised and delighted to see him, and I suspect he did not comment on my blog because he was ill--with what, I do not know.  But believe me when I say I enjoyed his company and hope his health will improve.  Hindy also came, and I imagine she did the driving.  She's a great caregiver. 

.....All four of my kids came, and all four of my grandkids as well as Huston the great grandkid.  He's 18 months old now and the youngest person at my party.  I suspect that I was the oldest, but I've been told many times that I don't look 90.  I don't even feel 90 although (pronounced "althuff") I haven't a clue as to what you're supposed to feel at 90?? As soon as I get some photos I'll send them to you.  Five invitees failed to show up, though we paid for them.  One couple did not even respond to the RSVP.  One result of the party was that Huston upstaged me.  And, oh yes, I believe I sent you some photos. If you need to know who someone is, Identify the photo.

.....As far as the manuscript is concerned to the musical I wrote, it's been "stolen".
Back in the beginning of December, I named a "friend" of mine as Director.  Since then I have not heard a word from him--either by phone or email.  He got some of his cronies and made changes to my script. This, of course, was a violation of my copyright.  He even changed the name of the show which I titled "43!" with the quote marks and all.  Now it's titled, "A USO show of the 40's" which has no mystique or panache. It's a summary, not a title.  There are other factors involved which I don't wish to bore you with.  I mean "with which I don't mean to bore you".

.....Now I'm 90.  What a surprise!  (And the pictures don't do me justice.)

3 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 8, 2014 at 4:55 PM

    Hi Baron, so glad you enjoyed your party. And also my poem, for which you owe me nothing except the continuing love and friendship which subsists between us. As to the question, "What is a man to feel when he reaches 90," I suspect that the answer is "whatever he can get to!" Much love, Cuzzin Ruth
    PS No, you don't look anything like 90 in the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 8, 2014 at 5:03 PM

    Sorry, forgot to say that I'm glad Unca Phil turned up though unhappy that he is in such poor case. But the latter didn't surprise me, as Joel once told me that he goes all quiet when unwell. Now, if he were JEWISH like us, he'd be able to kvetch to the bitter end, just like WE do! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM

    Corrigendum to first comment: "subsist," not "subsists!" Sorry!! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete