Monday, March 24, 2014

"Death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." (J.Caesar)

.....My ex wife Thelma's brother-in-law, or "Uncle Sammy" to my "kids", passed away peacefully the other night.  Sam was about 95 or 96, an Army veteran of WWII and one of the favorite people in my life along with Thelma's sister, Norma.  Norma, herself, is well into her 90s, I believe, and is also listed among my favorite people.  I do hope she is in good health with many years left to her.  One issue I recall about Sam is that he did not have the best of relationships with his son--whose name escapes me at the moment.  Sam was of the old school and therefore not on the same page as his son most of the time. I do hope that issue was cleared up before Sam passed on--hopefully to a better place than is this world.
 
.....I was rather stunned last night following the show that Rho and I saw in the clubhouse last night.  Once the instruments of the orchestra were removed that accompanied the performers, I saw on stage the scenic design that I proposed in the manuscript I wrote for our "in-house" show. It consisted of three "flats" with two doors on each side with red, white, and blue strips of paper or cloth through which vocalists were to make their entrances.  And in the center flat, a sign with red, white and blue lettering of "USO".  Whoever put the scene together did a very fine job bringing my design to life!  If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it. The Playbill should have a credit stating "Scenic Design by Norman Ross".  But I'm afraid that won't happen. Whoever put it together will likely claim the design.  Once the toothpaste is out of the tube, it's hard to get it back in.
 
.....One of the truly great "gifts" to come to me at my 90th party was a "book" of pictures taken at various times in my life, and put together with hard work, by my "kids".  I assume that the leader of this venture was my son, Joel--JR, who gathered the pictures from his sibs and my spouse, RH+, and put them all together in this book with my name and age on the front cover.  While Bobby and JR worked on this book, so did Robin and Bonny (two girls with great artistic talent).  Men are from Earth.  Women are  from Earth.  Deal with it.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM

    Dear Baron, I´m in Lazarote, but can still read your blog-post. Firstly, let me tell you how sorry I am about your loss: also, please convey my condolences and respects to others of my acquaintance likewise bereaved.
    About the $20, I think Shakespeare put this very well in "Much Ado About Nothing." Dogberry instructs the men of the watch to call any suspected person to stop in the king´s name. "How if he will not stop?" one of them asks. Dogberry instructs the man to call the watch together and give thanks to God that they are all well rid of a knave!
    What´s this rubbish about women being from Earth? We are from HEAVEN as everybody knows. Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ruthie, if I am included in "everybody knows" that women are from HEAVEN, then you are mistaken; I do not know that. I know where Earth is but I do not have a clue as to the whereabouts of Heaven. However, if there is a "Heaven" then RH+ came from there.

      Delete
  2. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 25, 2014 at 1:16 PM

    Back online! Mozilla Firefox is a better engine than Google Chrome! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete