Monday, January 27, 2014

"I think, therefore I am" (Rene' Descartes)

…..I found this Microsoft Works Word Processor and thought I’d give it a try. It looks a lot like Word which I used for my books. However, this has many more colors for fonts than Word does, and this is one of them. It looks very much like the color of this font I used a few times on Word. Oh, well, it’s not very important. However, it is adventurous. I’ll write a post to my blog here; then I’ll copy it and paste it at the blog site and see how it works.

…..Ok, let’s try this one; it’s called midnight teal. Word doesn’t name its colors.
We’ve been working on the seating arrangements for the party and it’s coming along very well. We are trying to seat people with company at their table that they will enjoy. But a few people apparently don’t know what RSVP means so that we can’t finish the job. We do expect about 55 guests, and they all will have to make a 15 minute speech. Let’s see now; 15 X 55=?. We may have to order breakfast.
 
…..Oh, let’s try this pink. Looks very pretty. It’s very bright, and I don’t know if my eyes or some reader’s eyes will be able to handle it, so whatever I’ve got to say better be short. Actually I don’t have too much to say. Well, I can say that I’ve been retired for 30 years and during that time I’ve always found something interesting to do. In the beginning it was golf. I played with Eric Gurien, Murray Weinstein, and on occasion, Irv Forman. These are three guys with whom we each raised our children in East Meadow, NY. Now, my golfing buddies are all gone, along with 10 more buddies with whom I spent three years in WWII.  I have only a couple of buddies here.

…..OK. This is called dark yellow, and it appears easy to read. To continue with my retirement years, I performed in several musicals in our theatre. Learning my lines in between rehearsals was the tough part, but being on stage was really gratifying and fun. Some retired people I know around here find it very difficult to pass the time, so they usually sit by the pool and chat. Finally, I passed my time writing a “blog” which is a journal or a diary. I can’t decide, but out of them came thirteen books. Like authors write. So, now I'm a member of Ernest Hemingsway’s group.
 

1 comment:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netJanuary 28, 2014 at 1:16 AM

    I've heard of burning the midnight oil, but the midnight teal is a new one on me! (Gosh - what a "fowl" joke!) What are teals doing at midnight anyway? I thought they were supposed to be asleep in their little nests at the water's edge. Anyway, whatever colour you use, dear Baron, I will always love reading your words of wisdom! Actually, that could sound a bit depressing - it makes your search for lovely new colours look a bit of a waste of time. Sorry. Cuzzin Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete