Thursday, October 10, 2013

"After crosses and losses men grow humbler and wiser." (Franklin)

.....Well I suppose I have to write a post on this blog more often--(I hate when people pronounce the "t" in "often). I have had at least 5 readers who have asked me to continue this blog, so I must even though it's difficult.  I mean because there are tremors in my hand, I keep pressing the wrong keys--oops! There it goes again. Now I have to backspace and delete the wrong letters.
.....Today we went to the Westchester Country Club where there is a banquet building and selected the kind of dining we will entertain our guests with on Feb. 28.  Hold the date.  I did not mind not having a party because if my family comes, it will cost them a lot of money just to come for dinner!  I have four in California, about eight in Maryland, and three in the Navy--including one guy who just started walking I presume.  And of course there are cousins all over the place--and one cuz I never met who lives in England, of all places.  Too many Muslims there.  But I don't think she will come to the party; too far and too expensive. 
.....I suppose you all know that I fell for the sixth time a couple of weeks ago.  I had too much trouble getting out of the house with one hand on the walker, one hand trying lock the door, and the screen door resting on my butt; so the walker tipped over and I went with it.  I did a number with the skin on my arm and both knees.  RH+ called 911 and off to the ER they took me.  I was there for a few hours while the dressed my wounds and sent me home.  Now I have a nurse coming every other day to change the dressings.  I fell, but of course I already broke both hips from falls on two cruises, so at least I was fortunate not to have three hips.
.....Now, I have something political to say.  The Republican party--and particularly the Tea Party is destroying our government, and making us the laughing stock of the world.  There is no doubt in my mind that this wing of the GOP is fiercely racist, and doing everything they can to keep Obama from getting anything done.  At one time in Boston, a tea party tossed all the tea in the ocean.  Now, perhaps the Republican Tea Party, itself, ought to be tossed in the Ocean.  Oh, I have a better idea; allow the states whose government is irrational and racist secede from the Union.  Then the UnUnighted State's government would be smaller and thus find it more easily to function.  There.  I said it.  What is happening in our Congress these days is Un-American.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netOctober 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM

    Hi Cuzzin, great to have you back. I don't disagree with you about the Tea Party: but imagine the likely impact on people of colour living IN the seceded states that secession would have! No federal restraints. Uurrgghh! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doc- you are still the smartest teacher ever at North Shore and a fine technical director......#15-Timmy Ayres

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doc- I miss the old days on the Soccer field- Played a game at 55 and forced a 25 year old into an own goal who was covering me in the Post alumni game, just rods away from Robert Blitz Field!!! #15- Timmy Ayres

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timmy, you know I love you, and I cannot believe you read my blog. That makes me happy. Speaking of playing at 55, Joel and Bobby have been playing on over 55 teams and doing quite well. Joel is a captain. All the kids are fine, and so am I at 89! Send me your email address in a comment box. You were an elite kid and I knew it. Tim Jones??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim Jones- One step ahead of the NSA! My e mail is Timconcorde@yahoo.com I hear from Azuero sometimes, I see Tarulli alot- lives in Sea Cliff on Downing near me...even Nicky Miro. The adrenaline must meld the memories of those Nixon days at good old North Shore- MK son is 17(James) and off to Stony Brook! He left North Shore w high honors and a 95 average- he is excluded from any past anecdotal dalliances!!!
    Timmy- 332 Franklin Ave Sea Cliff........PS we are off to the Islanders game V. Buffalo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doc- We had a fun time at the Islanders game last night- even though the ghosts of 4 Stanley Cups lingers in the many banners.
    Time marches on- The Isles are off to Brooklyn..The Sans Souci is now the Sea Cliff Manor and we still have not bombed Damascus! I will never forget our Junior Year when you were sitting behind the the practice field net in a beach chair, wrapped up like a mummy after an apparent cardiological mishap and we were all trying not to hit you with any wide shots as you looked like The Godfather! Mario Puzo would have been proud!......Have a fun FLA day and see you at Publix...haha! Timmy

    ReplyDelete
  7. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netOctober 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM

    Soccer news from the old country: we won 2-1 against Poland, which quite surprised me. A few days previously, we won 4-1 against Montenegro, which wasn't too humiliating. For Montenegro. Love, Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netOctober 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM

    Back to high politics! Well, an accommodation has now been reached: one that can be seen to have been by and large a victory for the American people, for democracy, and for good sense. However, on this side of the pond, the unseemly strategies of the Tea Party faction of the GOP have placed a huge question mark over the soundness of American democracy. Additionally, no-one can really understand why anyone in their right mind can get so inimical to anything as clearly sensible as a comprehensive health programme. It's a funny old world, isn't it? Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are back in the blogosphere.....and hope you recover quickly from your fall.

    ReplyDelete