Friday, August 17, 2012

Blogging for Americans (Red Baron)

.....I have been asked many times by friends and relations about my blog, and particularly they ask "What's a 'blog'?"  Many Blogs are online diaries or journals chronicling activities and events as they happen to the writer or which have happened in his past life.  Some writers chronicle only brief entries while others provide extended essays on life, the universe, philosophy, politics, education,  and everything, and anything else.  I'm one of the latter.  The views I express on my blog may not coincide with the views of those who leave comments on a particular posting on this blog.  I believe in the first amendment about free speech, and I am also quite certain that all my commentors do; so I never censor a comment, and anyone who does not approve of what I write may always add a comment with a view that clashes or crashes with mine.  But  since this is my blog,  I write about my own views whether or not they bend someone out of shape.  (I also reserve the right to change my views with sufficient reason to do so.)

.....So, of late, I have learned that several states where Republicans are in control  have passed a law requiring voters to show a valid ID with a photo.  To me, at least, this law smacks of political chicanery, because states with this law taking America back from the present, have Republican Governors, Legislatures, and Judges, the idea?  To keep African-Americans and the elderly who typically vote for Democrats away from the polls because most do not have photo IDs or driver's licenses.  The next thing we can count on if Romney and Ryan gain the White House is goodbye to Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and Affordable Health Care as we know it.  Then, it appears, repeal of the Emancipation Proclamation, the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution.  Then King Mitt Ist, to be crowned in 2020.

.....In the past few years, Obama has made affordable health care available to an additional 30 million Americans, and ensures no one loses insurance coverage because of a preexisting condition.:
.....Passed a Wall Street reform bill to make sure we never again let big banks write their own rules and put taxpayers or the economy at risk with their bad decisions, and created the Consumer Financial Protection  Bureau to look out for ordinary middle class Americans.
.....Made college more affordable for children and grandchildren by increasing the maximum Pell Grant and creating the American Opportunity Tax Credit, which gives students and their families up to $10,000 over four years to help cover college tuition.
.....Removed Osama Bin Laden permanently with a courageous decision that allowed our military to accomplish the mission.
.....Revitalized the automobile industry in Detroit.
.....Helped Libyans defeat their dictator by establishing no fly zones with our allies.

.....Simply put, a Republican president and a Republican Congress could destroy in a few months what it took Democrats 80 years to build.


.....And, Oh Yes, they might also tax me out of the $24 check I received today for 
royalties from my book sales. (But keep those sales going, my friends, on your Kimbles.).... 

3 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netAugust 18, 2012 at 11:31 AM

    Indeed, Baron dear, and I truly cannot see any way short of chicanery and gerrymandering that your excellent Pres. Obama can be ousted. You are right to protest about this. But is it not also the task of the people who might be disenfranchised to organize effective resistance? "The price of liberty is ETERNAL vigilance." And some people, on both sides of the Atlantic, have taken their eyes off the ball. Not good. The point is that you and I and Joel alone can't touch the problem: it needs mass action.
    Btw, the word "blog" is merely an abbreviation for "web-log," ie, a log or diary that someone puts on the world wide web. Simple as that.
    Much love, Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cuz: I do know the meaning of the word, blog. I prefer to call it a "Biographical Log". Also, we do have a Democratic National Committee to watchdog over Republican shenanigans, and who keep the Nation informed about Democratic accomplishment through the media. If Romney and his Vice President cohort, Ryan, should gain control of the country, I may become your neighbor; they curdle my blood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netAugust 19, 2012 at 10:29 AM

    Perish the thought that anything so horrible should happen to your native country, dear Baron, but should you become my neighbour, I would be honoured and ecstatically happy. Only you will have to re-learn how to spell words like "honour" and "neighbour." And buy an umbrella. Much love, Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete