Saturday, March 12, 2011

Unforseen Development

This is Mike Herbstman, the Baron's good friend.  (At the least, he's a good friend to me)  The Baron, I am sorry to report, broke his hip on the Cruise Ship Oasis...(second time)  and is now in the same Rehab facility as I am, with my replacement knee operation, performed 2 and a half weeks ago.  He and I will share the same room, tomorrow, when my present roommate will leave.
Since I have my trusty laptop with me, I will glad to accommodate him if he would like to add to his blog.  In payment, I will have him pay for any extra early bird charges, we incur for the next 5 years.
The next few days should be interesting. 

4 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe that you, Mike, knowing the Baron as you do, have volunteered to be his roommate. Could it be that the knee replacement caused some memory loss?

    I hope the nurses don't throw you guys out for singing too loudly or reciting Dirty Burns in the cafeteria.

    Anyway - take care of yourself and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin,
    I volunteered strictly for selfish reasons. Now I have a better incentive to get out of this joint.
    But seriously folks, Norman will replace the endless hours of boredom, with repartee, verbal jousting and plans to run away from this all. Man, I love these pain pills....Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 12, 2011 at 9:15 PM

    Cuz Robin - forgive the ignorance of an Englishwoman, but what's "Dirty Burns?" And, btw, if the Baron and his beloved room-mate WERE going to mount a protest, wouldn't it be for a free supply of Mallomars? Actually, now I come to think of it, I don't know what they are either. Enlightenment, please! Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What were you doing to brake your hip you daft bugger ? Running after the leisure rep in a short skirt or something like that I bet. Get well soon Norm ! Steve

    ReplyDelete