Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Honeymoon is over

The above title refers to the loss of my roommate to another room, which will be solely occupied by him, our Revered Baron. No, this is not the consequences of my bizarre dining habits. (I’ve seen people who eat with their hands, but soup?) I will be discharged this coming Wednesday. After fulfilling the minimum requirements of being able to walk, (with a cane) bathe by myself, (where’s the fun in that?) and all that’s required to get the necessary papers signed.


Most of the rooms house two inmates, thrown together in a random fashion, so one never knows who will share your haven. This can lead, to a scenario from the movie, “The Roommate from Hell,” Since one has to put on a waiting list for a private room, and one, became available yesterday, at the same time that I was told my departure date, the Baron thought it prudent to take the room, rather than wait for one to become available after I leave. (Don't tell me about run on sentences.) There was no guarantee that next Wednesday, a private room would be available.

Each person reacts to the therapy differently. It’s painful teaching your muscles and limbs to react, after the trauma that sends you to a Rehab Center. Hopefully, Norman will heal quickly and with as little pain as possible. I will look forward to continue our early bird dinners and activities that we share at our Senior Asylum. OK, senior condo .

Cuz Ruth, I’m honored that I can consider you as a cousin. Since The Baron and I share a particular history, there has to be a link between us. My first wife’s name was Thelma also. Not Thelma Also. Just Thelma. Now, how’s that for coincidence?

For those readers who expect the wit and intelligence associated with the Baron’s Muses, I apologize. If I didn’t waste my youth by hanging out in a pool room in Brooklyn, New York. I might have amounted to something. I would have quoted from the world’s great literature. All I know are Dirty limericks. (Burn’s Who?)

This afternoon, Norman and I are picketing with our new sign, "Dirty Old Men are Nice People too."

1 comment:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMarch 17, 2011 at 5:00 PM

    Dear Mike, thanks for the nice things you said: you almost made me regret that I've never been married to anyone called Thelma. I have found your offerings witty and informative, so please don't apologise about that. Thank you for making a slightly younger woman very happy! Dirty old men forever!!! Make a good recovery. Keep in touch! Cousin Ruth

    ReplyDelete