Saturday, May 7, 2016

NEVER PUT OFF TILL TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN AVOID ALLTOGETHER.

.....Same old, same old. The GOP establishment has decided that they have all the qualities that Mr. Trump doesn't have in order to lead the nation. Again they have apparently also decided that the American people are incompetent voters because they have made The Donald presumptive nominee for President. And here I thought that the GOP elite have, in the past, decided that they know what the American people need, and thus they are now the whiners that The Trumpet was accused of being.  So, therefor the millions of Americans who voted for Senor Primer Donald didn't know what they were doing. So screw the people "We know Best".  The GOP leaders have decided not to vote for Trump or to be his Vice President since  he is interfering with their desire to override American democracy, and consequently maintaining their Plutocracy vis- a'- vis Oligarchy, which Mr. Ryan, the House Speaker, and the epitome of Conservatism, is trying to unify. Good luck.
 
.....Next week my girls are coming from California for a brief, but welcome visit.  Since they have been here before, they know which restaurants and which food they have enjoyed. If they have  choices they wish for most, it can be arranged with no problem.  They will again see the 55' TV they and their male siblings gifted me for Veterans' Day.  That TV is a godsend for I can now see and hear what is up there on the screen.  And soon it will be Memorial Day--and there is so much to remember and to honor by making the world a better place to live.  I have two Great Grandchildren, Huston & Brooks. Perhaps they will do the same for me one day. I have never seen Brooks who is almost a year old, I believe. And I've only seen Huston briefly.  He's about two or three--I'm not sure. I'm very bad about names and ages. They make my son, Bobby, a grandparent.
 
.....I have for my legacy another minor accomplishment.  I have lost about 50 lbs., more or less. This has come about because of the Norman Push-a-way diet.  That means that to lose weight you must eat only half of your meal and push away the other half. I don't know how to advertise this for commercial and financial reasons. Perhaps my son, Adam or his wife Tucky, knows what must be done & how to do it.  I could become a billionaire like Trump, one day.
 
.....In my 92+ years I have learned to apply ruthless personal standards of excellence--and good things will happen.  Just do it!

3 comments:

  1. Don't pay too much attention to what I write, since this blog is for my edification only, and I try not to let my schooling to get in the way of my education.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMay 7, 2016 at 10:05 PM

    Well, Baron, I don't think your schooling gets in the way of your education. That's a perverse and preposterous way of viewing things. ("Preposterous" is composed of "pre" - before - and "post" - after - and means "back-to-front," or, since that phrase isn't emphatic enough, "arse-forrads" would be a better translation. Your education should leave you in a position to continue educating yourself in any way you choose, and that's obviously what's happened. The only difference is that you're no longer operating under anyone else's fiat. That's good.
    As to Trump, my only worry is that demagogues show up and appeal to folks when a country is in decline, and in this case, "pax Americana" is ceding to the new empires of the east, notably China. Not good.
    I'm sure Bobby makes a brilliant zaida (Yid.: granddad.)
    And both your daughters are wonderful and dutiful and loving. No conflict between duty and inclination, that's marvellous!
    You are edifying to us, whether that is your intention or not, so keep on blogging! Cuz R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin and I had a wonderful visit with you. But you are more impressive than that big tv! Love you dad, keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete