Thursday, May 5, 2016

What will be will be. (Ross)

.....Just don't complain about the VA. I've been going there 30 years for medication & stuff, and never had to wait longer than 15 minutes for my appointment.  Lucky us--instead of needing to drive 40 miles to the VA in WPB (Did you have anything to do with this, Robin?), a VA clinic opened here a couple of years ago. They offer everything that the hospital offers with the exception of dental work.  And today I had an appointment with a doctor (you don't want to know) whose only job, it seemed was to check up on the medication I was taking. But the doc was in WPB & I was here! She was on a television doohickey & I was here. Yes! She was in WPB. Weird, no?
 
.....I have upwards of 45 emails from various companies, and I don't know how they all got there. As Boehner would say, they're a pain in the ass and I haven't the foggiest notion how to set up a different email address. I'll just have to poke around for one & hope to find out how to go somewhere else. But I don't want to lose the emails I'm saving. Oh! there are many I'm saving. Any ideas? Well my girls will be here in a couple of weeks & I'm sure they know how.
 
 .....I've been glued to the tv when I find the time, and I found that the entertaining episodes of Tromp & Friends are without par.... and the other channel with Hillary and Bernie is also hoping to become president.  My head is dizzy because when I was younger I always knew whom was going to vote for, but now it's a conundrum. I know that Trump is the presumptive President and if he manages to become president we will have the most gorgeous first lady in history. Hillary doesn't qualify. 

.....A couple were sitting at a table in a restaurant when the young lady spied her gynecologist sitting at a table opposite them. "Why don't you go over there and say 'hello' to him?" said the young man. "Oh, it would be a waste of time", she said. "He wouldn't recognize me anyway."
 

1 comment:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMay 6, 2016 at 2:57 AM

    Don't put yourself to the inconvenience of changing your e-address just because some desperate capitalists are emailing you, dear Baron. They'll just find your new e-address and keep sending hopeful emails. Just delete the emails. The spammers will get the message eventually. Why should you put yourself and your friends and relatives, and organisations from which you do want to hear, to the trouble of learning a new e-address? Especially with regard to the last: you never know if they'll take the new info on board, and then where would you be?
    My maxim is to pay the e-nuisances no attention whatsoever, unless it be adverse attention. I once got targeted by trolls. We are advised "not to feed the trolls," ie., to ignore them. I rejected this advice in favour of feeding the trolls: but feeding them POISON. They f****d right off pretty quickly after that!
    This is part of my general strategy to pay attention to anyone who seems to want it. I just don't guarantee the QUALITY of the attention, har har. It worked wonders when I was bringing up my kids, when they were demanding attention. They always got it, but usually it was an unpleasant sort of attention. Cuz Ruth

    ReplyDelete