Thursday, June 2, 2016

.INCOMING FIRE HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY

.....pheww! I finally got done what had to be done...and; that was a lot. Now I can use my second amendment rights. So who was the nut who told the folks in Syria to put a white flag on their roofs. Didn't he know that the ISIS guys could also put a white flag on all the roofs & let the houses in the town be obliterated in the battle to come white flags or no. And as Mr. Trump says in his speeches we shall (that's us) obliterate ISIS.  I shall not be there.  Not because I'm fearful, I would go, except that my uniform doesn't fit and I am Jewish. And in the exit polls, I'm in the old category.

.....I've been watching CNN and MSNBC and I keep hearing "African American" whenever the discussion turns to Don Trump and others. That's a fearful way to indicate that someone is "black".  Otherwise we might as well begin to use the words American White, or Israeli American.  Or perhaps Italian American or German American, etc. A "Black" is black. The Black may not ever have been in Africa. And be wary of how someone with Indian heritage in our country is described. I suppose you can call them Native Americans. Redskins just won't do!

.....Something weird happened today. The local Floral store called and asked if it was OK if they delivered some flowers. We knew nothing about this request. I knew I didn't order flowers and we could not think of anyone we knew who would send flowers for no reason. Nevertheless we told the store owner  it would be OK to deliver them whether we knew who sent them or not.  But when they came it was the most beautiful arrangement we had ever seen, and was surely at least $75! It came with a note: "Mr. Ross, our conversation truly touched me. We cannot thank you enough for your service to our country." I then recalled my call to my Master Card company to complain about an interest charge of $8.36. The guy I spoke to said he would remove the charge. Somehow we must have gotten into my wartime experience. We tried to find out his name, but Cap One could not recover it.  Therefore we gave it up. But in a restaurant the checkout girl said someone paid for our lunch but we didn't know who. Then in another restaurant some gentlemen paid our check for $60. So I made about $108.36 something for fighting a war. No wonder we're losing guys to ISIS. It pays better.
 
.....
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sick. Very sick with bronchitis. However the medics brought me to hospital for having a TIA. I don't care for either of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netJune 4, 2016 at 11:00 PM

    So glad you're blogging again, Baron dear.
    I agree that modern terminology is both mealy-mouthed and stupid. The trend, for example, results in mental illness's being described a "mental health issues," sometimes abbreviated to "mental health," so that the sentence actually says the opposite of what it means! But my chief objection is practical. Does the new terminology make the illness easier to endure? Like hell it does. Does it make it easier to obtain treatment? Ha ha, I DO like a good laugh:-(
    Cuz Ruth

    ReplyDelete