Sunday, July 5, 2015

"Japan will fall! The American girls are atomic!!" (Ross)

....Well, I am now addicted to "scratchoff" tickets.  I generally buy 20 $1 tickets and have a lot of fun scratching them to see if I won anything.  The fact is that I usually win enough to match what I paid for them.  Yesterday I put my head in the noose and bought 10 $2 tickets--and win I scratch one off I won $100! $100 for a $2 scratchoff? I can now graduate to the $5 tickets if I choose to.  Nah, I'll stick to the $1 tickets.

.....You guys have no idea what trouble I have using the keyboard. I make a lot of mistakes and I have to go back to erased them and make the corrections.  It's a pain in the buttocks pulling out the arrows there. Ruthie will look for the meaning of that. Speaking of Ruthie, I watched the England vs. Japan World Cup game last night. Of course cuzzin Ruthie lives in England, but I don't know if she is into sports.  Well, it was heartbreaking for the British girls to lose that game in extra time.  I wanted to fly immediately to Canada for the purpose of consoling one of the kids with a big hug, and tell her how wonderfully she played.  I remember when I was coaching varsity soccer at North Shore High I had many a heartbreak ending to games. 

.....Its been several days since I wrote the previous info, and I don't really have too much to say.  I'm trying to do some writing, but I haven't been in the mood. RH+ is having some medical problems, and I have to be there for her when she gets depressed about it. We are working on getting her well. You know--doctors and all. 
 
.....Today I'll be watching Japan vs USA.  And did you know that during the Revolutionary War there were no "Americans"? Most everyone in the 13 colonies were British when they went to war.  And did you know that during the Boston Tea Party, the colonists threw all the Lipton tea back into the harbor, and only kept the tea that was caffeine free? Come on! Brush up on your Revolution. 
 
.....Yay USA! Let's kick some Japanese ass! The Germans were beaten by England, but the war is not over.

1 comment:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netJuly 5, 2015 at 5:45 PM

    Before we discuss Association Football, Baron dear, allow me to "dis-Associate" myself utterly and completely from decaffeinated tea. The idea is ludicrous. "The cup that cheers but not inebriates" (Wm. Cowper) won't cheer you at all if it's caffeine-free. To be strictly accurate, however, the stimulating substance in tea isn't really caffeine, it's a caffeine-like substance the correct name of which is "theeine," pronounced "tay-een." It isn't as effective as caffeine, either for good or bad. Accordingly, if you drink your tea weak, as I do mine, you'll get refreshment but no ill effects.

    Mm, sport's not really my cup of tea (tee-hee!)(tea-hea?) but I'm happy to tag along with those around me. Well - so my husband chooses what sport's on the TV, and he finds women's football boring in spite of his continuing interest in....er...certain aspects of the female form. So, Baron dear, thanks for the sympathy for our girls out there, but no, I did not view the tragic scene.
    Winning on scratch-cards? I'll BET that they're not sold to you by the Seminoles, on whom you have lavished so much money in the past. Well done for your win! I only gamble on tombolas. Went on one on Saturday at a local fete, and won some good bottles of booze for my menfolk. I myself stick to "the cup that cheers," etc.
    My best wishes to Rhoda for her recovery.
    Cousin Ruth

    ReplyDelete