Sunday, May 3, 2015

"My cup runneth over" (PSALMS XXIII)

.....Yesterday was kind of a dull day. RH+ went to a luncheon where all the women wear red hats.  Weird.  How come guys don't go to luncheons ? Then for entertainment each guy could get up and reveal what they've done to achieve a legacy. Most guys, I imagine would give a litany of their accomplishments. Not me. I don't feel that a legacy should be based on what one has accomplished. Most of the guys had no accomplishments. They just worked.  I believe a legacy should be based on how one survived all the perils on the road of life. Everyone has had several bumps along the way which they survived--or not. Therein is your "legacy"--the guy who survived some serious, harrowing bumps is on his way to heroism.  Besides, listening to survival stories would be vastly more interesting than listening to one's accomplishments. 

.....I am busy trying to write a musical that would be acceptable to the Board of Directors.  "GenerationsAmerica" would, no doubt become a smash hit. However, there are some bumps in my road. I have been on Google's UTube looking for songs of the Revolution. I've found the songs, but not the tunes. Not only that. I have looked for costume vendors without success because I have a use for the hats of the Civil War and the Revolution.  No luck. I will have to go to the theaters here in Palm Beach and ask for a loan if they have the hats I need. We did that for My Fair Lady and found the props we needed. 
 
.....I realize that I've been away from my blog at lengthy times.  If I had frequent visitors perhaps many of them have dropped away.  I've  written over 600 posts on this blog, and also received many interesting comments to all 6,341 of them.  I started on August of 2008. I don't recall why I began it or how I got to it, but it was begottan. I advise readers to check for it occasionally.  I'm sure I will be motivated from time to time. But I hope the tremors in my fingers will not get worse and not allow me to type one.

1 comment:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netMay 4, 2015 at 1:50 PM

    Baron, I believe one of your countrymen wrote: "For when one great Scorer/ Comes to write against your name/ He marks, not if you won or lost/ but how you played the game." And your songwriter Cy Kaan wrote: "It's not just what you're born with/ It's what you choose to bear/ It's not how big your share it/ But how much you can share/ It's not the fights you dreamt of/ But those you really fought/ And it's not just what you're given/ It's what you do with what you've got." Two lovely verses, I commend them to you and everyone.
    With regard to the songs the tunes of which you seek, I have a collection of venerable songbooks, so please email me the lyrics, and I'll see if there's anything I can rake up. Can't promise results, but I can try!
    Much love, Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete