Thursday, November 6, 2014

We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep. (THE TEMPEST)

.....Well, there has been quite a lot going on here.  I fell from a chair.  I should say that I slipped from a chair trying to get on to it.  Of course an hour later, RH+ returned from bowling and found me on the floor! During the hour I was there, I started recitation with Beowulf, then Chaucer, and up to Shakespeare, and then beyond to Burns, Wordsworth, Byron, Milton, and a few others that I could recall. While on the floor then, what fun!
.....Of course she called 911 and the medics took me to the hospital a few minutes after they arrived.  I was given a bed in the ER (Emergency room) and they tested my blood pressure, my temperature, (for Ebola?), and a few other things. Then a guy came around and he gave me an x-ray because there was pain in my back. When five o'clock came around I ordered prime ribs with French fries and corn on the cob. They refused to honor my request and I was sorely disappointed when all I got was a hamburger--a cold one.  Oh, and I almost forgot the apple juice and the piesces de resistance for desert--a chocolate cookie. ( I believe) I spelled "piesces" incorrectly, but I haven't the urge to correct it at the moment. It’s French.

.....Ellin sent a comment urging me to get a device which I could wear upon my neck or around my wrist. I appreciate her concern, but I already have such a device. The other day the physical therapist's visit was cancelled because I didn't need it.  Today the speech therapist came and she said that I didn't need it.  So, all the doctors I've been to said I didn't need it--whatever it was! Thus because I don't need anything, I've decided to carry on for a few more years.

.....I'm having a helluva time typing. My hands tremble to much that I keep hitting the wrong keys. I'm sorry if I don't write many posts to this blog. I used to, but no more.

3 comments:

  1. To save typing, I suggest that you stick to the philosophies, humor, and diatribes. Skip the parts about what food you had. This normally is necessary for the written record of your daily life in condoland, but it is more important to lessen the number of keystrokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netNovember 8, 2014 at 11:09 AM

    Great stuff, again, Baron! NOTHING like our great poets, but I note with interest that none of them were American. Aren't there, in your opinion, any good American poets? I think that Longfellow's "Evangeline" is wonderful. Longfellow's underrated: he's a great communicator. Cousin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netNovember 8, 2014 at 11:12 AM

    Why does typing a few numbers prove I'm not a robot? Actually, I AM as robot: but the Big Head said that I mustn't let it show. (Don'tcha just LOVE "3rd Rock from the Sun?" It's very popular in the UK.) Cuz R x

    ReplyDelete