Thursday, October 30, 2014

Living the Good Life

.....Wow! I find it hard to believe that the last post I had was September 15!  By the time I got here I forgot how to get this started. Well, you see, I finally figured it out. I would have done this in an email but it would have been too long. But now I have a few things to say. So I'll start saying them.  First of all, I just got out of the rehab facility: Manicare it's named and it is only about a mile from our house.  I slipped and fell getting on a chair.  It was on a Monday when RH+ bowls, and she would flay someone with a red rag if they tried to stop her!  From that pastime she usually gets home about 3pm. Since I fell at 2pm, I had to lie on the floor for an hour. A phone was not possible to get to.  Surely when she arrives and sees me on the floor she'll think I was dead.
 
.....Of course she called 911 and the medics took me to the hospital a few minutes after they arrived.  I was given a bed in the ER (Emergency room) and they tested my blood pressure, my temperature, (for Ebola?), and a few other things. Then a guy came around and he gave me an x-ray because there was pain in my back. When five o'clock came around I ordered prime ribs with French fries and corn on the cob. They refused to honor my request and I was sorely disappointed when all I got was a hamburger--a cold one.  Oh, and I almost forgot the apple juice and the piesces de resistance for desert--a chocolate cookie. ( I believe) I spelled "piesces" incorrectly, but I haven't they urge to correct it at the moment  It's French.

.....

5 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netNovember 1, 2014 at 8:29 AM

    Welcome back, dear Baron, both to your home and to your egregious blog! It's "les pieces de resistance," with a grave (downward sloping) accent on the first E. The French should ALWAYS be corrected. The only time I ever agreed with Pres Dubya was when he said that they were cheese-eating surrender-monkeys. They allowed their country to be overrun by the SAME enemy THREE times in 75 years. Not exactly a scintillating military record, is it. Much love, Cuz Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please please please get one of those help gadgets that you can wear around your wrist or around your neck. For the few times Rhoda goes out (and needs to go out), you can press the button and help will come immediately. I'm sure she would be in favor of this also. Medical Alert? it may be called....... thinking of you, Ellin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Baron already has that thigamagig on his wrist.

      Delete