Sunday, December 22, 2013

"All the world's a stage...and one man, in his time plays many parts" (As You Like It)

.....According to my recent post to this blog, I mentioned that I would discuss "...what I am doing, what I've done, & what I'm going to do".  So I will work on that theme here; what I'm doing now is trying to get over my bout with COPD, (although RH+ keeps calling it pneumonia which I think it is not.).  This illness is somewhat debilitating, and so I am not upset about not directing my script.  I am sure I'll be fine in time for my surprise party.  Just you guys make sure you respond and declare your dinner preference--otherwise we'll give you directions to Wendy's.  And I believe you all have adult children--with one exception and dogs are not invited.  These adult children have also received invitations and ought not to depend  upon their parents to respond for them.  I suppose that's old-fashioned; so what? I don't care; when you're 90, it's fun.  And you can eat stone crabs every night.
I am also relaxing and watching TV instead of rehearsals.  I'm also trying to keep up with Time magazine, which gets more boring with every issue.  Same goes for Sports Illustrated and Playboy. Their articles are becoming longer and longer and more and more esoteric. And thus,  my preferences lean towards NCIS, NCIS LOS ANGELES, PERSON OF INTEREST, HAWII 5-0, and LAW AND ORDER: SUV.  And I also look forward each day to SNOOPY, the most independent persona I have ever met. As the Baron, I always look to him for inspiration and a ride in his Sopwith Camel.  And I  love when he goes to sleep on the roof of his house, and birds light on his nose.

.....So, now I have done enough about what I am doing and what I have done.  As for what I am going to do--it's a matter of deep thought and conjecture.  I did stop writing my science fiction novel right in the middle because other activities began to become higher priorities.  I don't know if I'll be able to get back into it.  My two characters were about to encounter slavery at George's place in Virginia; and then they would help him to become the father of his country besides the father of a lot of slave babies.  I believe they'll enjoy Lincoln more. Washington rarely tells a joke.  ....  I am also not going to drive anymore.  I've given my keys to RH+.  I can't be hypocritical about driving after 90--I've always maintained that I would be loathe to be a passenger in a car being driven by a person thus aged & I would be super loathe to take on a  passenger while I was doing the driving.  And, oh yes, I will still vote Democratic, and will never drink tea again.

.....One more task--I have written 499 posts. I must write 1 more.

6 comments:

  1. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netDecember 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM

    My black labrador Polly and I were reading this blog-post together, and she got VERY upset. She states that you are a human supremacist!!
    Yes, Baron, your health is of paramount importance of course. But how did you manage to get COPD? I thought that that was something that miners and asbestos workers and the like contracted from their work.
    Never to drink tea again just because it the concept has been expropriated by the Tea Party? Now that's a truly BAD idea: apart from any other consideration, it would NEVER catch on here in England. Without tea, our brains and indeed our country would simply cease to function.
    Much love, Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may not read every Red Baron blog the day it's written, or the week, or even the month, but I have never seen the subject line; "All the world's a stage...and one man, in his time plays many parts" (As You Like It). Have you used it ever?

    NCIS is our cup of tea (you don't like tea?) here in D.C.! We miss ZIVA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ruth.grimsley@virgin.netDecember 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM

    Er...I'm out of my depth with all these initials. Enlightenment, please, from whoever has the time to spare. Thank you. Cuzzin Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doc- we miss you up here in lower Sea Cliff! Merry Xmas!
    Please send up the boyz so we can play Coney Island out on Goodwin Field!----Timmy A #15!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobby:

    Dec 2009: The Baron pointed out that people make too many suggestions when he is the director.
    http://homeoftheredbaron.blogspot.com/2009/12/all-worlds-stage-as-you-like-it.html

    Apr 2008:
    http://homeoftheredbaron9.blogspot.com/2008/04/all-worlds-stage-and-all-men-and-women.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuzzin Ruthie,

    NCIS - Naval Criminal Investigative Service, A show on CBS that is the #1 drama here in the US.

    COPD - cronic obstructive pulmanary disease, better known as emphysima

    ReplyDelete